• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Replacement Lense....

ok, so today I get a notification on my Instagram that Revant now has Radar Edge Lenses available for their Radars and RadarLocks...

they are selling for $42 and have some pretty cool colors: http://www.revantoptics.com/replacement-lenses/oakley-radarlock-edge

the 24K Gold and the Titanium Mirrored lenses are appealing...

and before anyone goes ape **** and starts trying to sacrifice me, I will say this: I have read this thread in it's entirety and I have read InfiniteHero's post and read his graphs in this thread as well http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/i-am-a-believer-in-linegear.14463/page-3

I won't doubt for any second that these off brand lenses would be the same as slathering cow feces on your eyeballs and calling them lenses...

so what I did was send a message to Revant to see if they would give me a discount or even a free set of lenses so that I could "test" them.....

if they don't offer anything, then I won't buy them - if they give me a coupon for half off or something, I may try them just to see for myself....

curiosity is killing my car, ya'll.....

in short, if I can get a lens for @ $20, i'll gladly smear cow feces on my eyes to test the lenses, but I won't smear cow feces on my eyes for over $40 HAHAHA !!!!

I like Revant. The clarity is just fine for me and they don't leave swirl marks from cleaning. I own many of their colors. Go to their ebay store and bid on a pair just before it ends. They have so many listed, you're almost guaranteed to get them for nearly half of what their website shows. I won a set for Juliet today for $14. And yes, their 24k looks amazing.

totally agree with @fretburner79. they are fine. I know there is a movement of if it is not oakley it is equal to dollar store junk, But plain and simple they are a reasonable option for those that do not want to shell out 50-150 dollars, And wait for the person who is cutting them to do it. So yes there are cost effective lens options out there. And i am not speaking of the optics of the lenses, But as far as i am concerned if they do not shatter and cause you to lose your sight then they are ok in my book. my eyes are not sensitive enough to know the difference. maybe if i had super eyes like some people on the forum i would notice a difference.

Aftermarket lenses with oakley frame?? I Almost bought a linegear lense i was hesitant but instead had a custom cut from andrew infinite hero. If you want the best oem all the way its like putting a hyundai parts to your benz but thats just me.

well, the only reason why I'm so adamant about these lenses is because I already have all of the "good colored Path iridiums" that are available for Radars/RadarLocks...

I got 3 frames and 7 lenses - nobody in their right mind would call me a cheap skate seeing as I've spent my fair share of cash on all OEM stuff...

(3) Fire Iridium
(1) Jade Iridium Vented
(1) Jade Iridium
(1) +Red
(1) Black Iridium Polarized

the thing about getting "custom cut lenses" is non existent for Radar/RadarLock owners, because there are no other shield lenses with the colors we want...

I like Radar Path lenses - you can't go off and get Ruby lenses or Emerald iridium or Chrome Iridium or Tungsten Iridium or Violet Iridium, etc.....

I'd love the 24K Mirrored Titanium Mirrored - the Titanium Mirrored is what I've been dreaming of for a long time and I've posted as much on the forum :))

hell, even the Supernova Shield looks killer....

at this point, I can give less than one single F about my lens not having "Oakley" stamped in the middle of it, because I'm secure in my own mind that I got these off brand lenses because I liked the color, not because of what people would think/say about me putting Hyundai parts in a Benz ;)

Go to their ebay store and bid on a pair just before it ends. They have so many listed, you're almost guaranteed to get them for nearly half of what their website shows.
just went to their eBay store...

the Radar Edge lenses were released today, so they may not have any posted on eBay yet :)

I'd love the 24K Mirrored Titanium Mirrored - the Titanium Mirrored is what I've been dreaming of for a long time and I've posted as much on the forum :))

My Revant titanium mirrored came in yesterday and it is very cool. I like the base coat and the frame fit is perfect wit no gaps, as usual with Revant. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics, bud

Latest Posts

Back