• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Romeo Lens most like 1st Gen Ruby Iridium?

Esscaster

Oakley Expert
Colorado
I have a set of Juliets with the deep purple Ruby Iridium from X-Men, Black Hawk Down, etc. Looking to get the same for my Romeos, hopefully polarized. Wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I can spend whatever on them, even OEMs if someone has one, but wondering if anyone has experience with this, or better yet, pics:)

I'd say in terms of quality and look- these are as close as you get. There are others that have something of a brighter tone to the red (Exovista) but their quality isn't up to par. This is sold out but you can email Linegear and often they have a set or two lying around and they'll change it to "available" for you.

ROMEO1 RED MIRROR-POLARIZED - LINEGEAR

I'm guessing that red lens is the Linegear Premium Red? That's the closest to the early Oakley Ruby (though it leans too much +Red for my taste) but Red Mirror is still the closest to the prop lenses of X-Men which were redder and notoriously gave the actor headaches wearing them LOL

Correct, although the Ruby lenses used In my opion don't have the vibrancy of the red lens or the Ruby that's available (few and far between though they are)for Juliets. Due to the mirror coating used in the films on the inside of the lenses and the lighting installed I believe.

2015-03-24 21.51.03 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:
Back