• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Temple Shock/Arm Rubbers

Zax

Chicago
Has anyone bought those Walleva replacement pieces for their X Metals? I want to create a white carbon Juliet when I get the chance. How do they compare to Oakley's awesome unobtanium? I think there's mention of this somewhere else, but I can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated!

I've bought a few kits (as a lens and rubber set), the blue and red sets are lighter than Oakley's sets, the green is like a lime green to my eyes. They fit the same and look okay on my polished Juliets. I just bought a set of white rubbers for my Carbon frames, but I don't now if I want to put them on my XS or my Juliets.

One other thing...the "1" and "2" T-shocks seem to be the same size to me.

I'm not so much worried about their tackiness, but more of how they look. Do they look OEM? The colors seem a bit neon-ish and the shape doesn't really look accurate.

Hmmm, I'm not a big fan of the aftermarket lenses or rubber, that's like putting some chrome 20's on your Gremlin. Lol

I've bought a few kits (as a lens and rubber set), the blue and red sets are lighter than Oakley's sets, the green is like a lime green to my eyes. They fit the same and look okay on my polished Juliets. I just bought a set of white rubbers for my Carbon frames, but I don't now if I want to put them on my XS or my Juliets.

One other thing...the "1" and "2" T-shocks seem to be the same size to me.

just got some walleva rubbers..
satisfied...but NOT thrilled.
the earsocks fit easily...but thats coz theyre HUGE.
they keep ''spinnin'' while theyre on...maybe i used to much soap when i slid them on...but its been days now and they still keep rotating...like theyre gonna fall off.

and i agree...the 1s and 2s are basically the same size..
not a great ''bang'' for the buck...although you do get what you paid for.

thanks a lot feng (owner/shipper/who the hell knows) of walleva

I got the white ones to customize my carbon Juliet's. I was initially going to replace both the ear stems and the temples, but I'll probably just limit it to the temple. I think a white O would be pretty cool on a black frame. I saw a pic somewhere on this forum, but have no idea where it went.

Just got the Juliet white replacement pieces and they don't fit at all! The 1 and 2 look almost identical, but the 2 seems a little thicker. The fit was terrible though. I compared them side by side and the Walleva ones are much longer than the Oakley ones, making them stick out at the end. It's not a huge deal, but I'm really OCD when it comes to fit. The Oakley ones fit perfectly, as they should, and I can't imagine it's that difficult to size up the rubber pieces correctly. Anyone else have this issue?

Back