• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket XS Lenses

DropkickMurphy915

Oakley Beginner
NYC
How good are the Walleva lenses? I'm not necessarily gonna do it right now, but I'm thinking about throwing either some green or ice lenses into my carbon XS sometime in the future to change them up a little. Are the Walleva lenses (and earsocks/temple shocks etc) worth getting, or should I try to stick with Oakley lenses?

i tried walleva once, terrible choice. it honestly looks foggy when you look through them and they are hard as heck to keep clean. ended up just throwing them away. i would try linegear for quality close to oem but if you still looking for a cheaper bang for buck choice i suggest visionary lenses. they have very dark lenses despite their listings stating 18 percent or so. they also have different base tints rather than just the stated grey base. i could go into further detail if need be.
as far as the earsocks and tmple shox i have no issue whatsoever except that they dont grasp as tight when you sweat like their oem counterparts

i tried walleva once, terrible choice. it honestly looks foggy when you look through them and they are hard as heck to keep clean. ended up just throwing them away. i would try linegear for quality close to oem but if you still looking for a cheaper bang for buck choice i suggest visionary lenses. they have very dark lenses despite their listings stating 18 percent or so. they also have different base tints rather than just the stated grey base. i could go into further detail if need be.
as far as the earsocks and tmple shox i have no issue whatsoever except that they dont grasp as tight when you sweat like their oem counterparts

yep... stick with oakley lenses. also have a walleva lens tried on my XS and they always get oily, smudgy and like what wysatta said difficult to clean. they dont also give the clarity that oakley lenses provide. you could try and really see the difference.

I have a few XS lenses if anyone needs them... I think they should still be not too tough to find in the US which would be cheaper than what I could sell them for.

I just like aftermarket for lenses that you would not usually have for that specific frame (or atleast it is extremely hard to come by) such as 24k for juliet or jawbone. I try to stick oem as much as possible because it is as stated so many times before by many great people "the best there is" but i also believe that there are some really great aftermarket brands too. For those who believe putting aftermarket lenses in changes the brand...i have to disagree with. Just because i put aftermarket parts on my trucl doesn't mean its a different brand of truck. To each their own but i dont mind the occasional vl or linegear replacing oem. :D sorry for getting on my little ol pedistal

I might try some Linegears in a Romeo 1 but only because OEM are impossible to find. All of the XS lenses including emerald and ice on Oakley.com still show available. I am thinking of changing a carbon myself, probably emerald. Just bought a plasma with ice.

i so agree !!! its like putting a chevy motor in a ferarri

Yeah, some of these dudes dont seem to get that.

I mean hey, to each their own, but your aftermarket lenses suck. If you can afford the goods, afford the rest of the goods.

Might as well pick yourself up a pair of fake frames off of ebay and throw some genuine Oakley lenses in them... zero difference.

Back