• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Prizm Golf Lenses Peeling/Flaking?

Poor storage prior to you buying them?

I side w @dragonvoi that any temperature shock would be bad for lenses.

So be careful not to use excessively hot water when the glasses are cold. Or cold water when glasses are hot from outdoor usage.

Jeez, I just became a recent (3 pairs the last 15 months) Oakley buyer - if my lenses delaminate at the 2+ year mark no way will I be buying Oakley again (if they don't cover replacement at least). I've had polarized cheaper lenses (Hobie and Bolle) that were about $60 that have lasted for 5-10 years w/no problem. Is delamination really as common as this thread makes it sound?

FWIW I have used dawn on all my Oakley’s for the past 10 years and never had delam issues. Then again I’ve never had delam issues at all.
I only clean them with 50/50 soap and dawn. Same for all oakleys i've ever had. This is on my flak 2.0 uranium, which I don't wear all the time (maybe less than 25 ever) because well, the uranium frame is kinda flashy and my golf game is only flashy how I slice my hits so well, i'm a baker or butcher! There's nothing I can feel that indicates peeling (light run of fingernail too). Did it get jealous and dying on me because I fought another set of prizm golf to wear on my flak 2.0 xl (another thread where the lenses are slightly loose). grrrr
I wonder if Oakley would have a discount program for replacement lenses, at least some loyalty program. I'll bring all (7) or so of my sunglasses to the store then! (except ones I broke and threw in the past like 90s and early 2000s)

I saw one post here that has the speckle (as I call it) effect like the one on my 3rd pic. It's hard to get the angle but having the light on top seems to be only way to capture the damage.

View attachment 916260

View attachment 916261

View attachment 916262
Do you live in high humidity? I moved from high elevation desert low humidity New Mexico to low elevation high humidity Hawaii and some of my lenses started to flake.

very humid beach weather in Asia seems to do this very regularly to the iridium lenses :(

This is a picture of my most recent incident, lens is probably 2 years old.

8E3E00E6-BB31-44C4-8E41-C4F323887BD1.jpeg

It’s not humidity problem have the same issue on my holbrook inside surface….

It’s not humidity problem have the same issue on my holbrook inside surface….
This happens to all of my oakleys when I bring them out to the beach. They'd be fine from regular daily activities i.e driving, hiking, cycling...but never the beach. I guess I'll have to get aftermarket lens for the beater pairs that come with me to beach holidays.

My holbrook is usually stock in cupboard, it see the light 3/4 Times just before peeling… i have few pairs with same issues…..

Back