• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal ALL 5 PENNY COMPLETE, MINT, SERIAL MATCHING, ALSO CARBON - +RED PENNY, ALL AVAILABLE.

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry would be that each time a pair like this changes hands, the provenance gets more and more diluted.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
My worry would be that each time a pair like this changes hands, the provenance gets more and more diluted.
Sure. But it’s still gen 1 if someone here buys it from Romeo

There really isn’t any doubt the carbon Penny is real and original finish from HQ. Whether it’s worth $2000 is up to the buyer alone to determine that. We all know the material and coating process is insanely easy to replicate since it’s not Oakley proprietary, but what it’s worth is in the eye of the beholder.

RVF is an honest seller and should be trusted, BUT I usually under normal circumstances would not recommend buying based on any collector’s reputation alone. We have all witnessed and/or experienced well known collectors rip off other well known collectors to simply use a person’s word as definitive proof. In fact I would say a collector’s word or bond is meaningless today and will continue to be even less important in the future.

It will be hard to obtain real convincing provenance but it will be worth it if you ever wish to resell a ‘factory custom’. Otherwise you will be left with something you paid dearly for but most others will call ‘fake’.

Username Hidden said:
There really isn’t any doubt the carbon Penny is real and original finish from HQ. Whether it’s worth $2000 is up to the buyer alone to determine that. We all know the material and coating process is insanely easy to replicate since it’s not Oakley proprietary, but what it’s worth is in the eye of the beholder.

RVF is an honest seller and should be trusted, BUT I usually under normal circumstances would not recommend buying based on any collector’s reputation alone. We have all witnessed and/or experienced well known collectors rip off other well known collectors to simply use a person’s word as definitive proof. In fact I would say a collector’s word or bond is meaningless today and will continue to be even less important in the future.

It will be hard to obtain real convincing provenance but it will be worth it if you ever wish to resell a ‘factory custom’. Otherwise you will be left with something you paid dearly for but most others will call ‘fake’.
Fair comment

Username Hidden said:

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch girl. ( or a couple apples)
Donny wrote that just for you, actually I do not think he wrote it. They were pretty talentless when it came to writing.
I do not agree!
Trust me, I have been jilted, but the dishonesty is not always associated with fakery. From my experience it was more taking peoples money without delivering the product, at least from my readings on here. My issues had to do with shill bidding EBay, but the items were more than legit, and though the member is a douche, he still had quality goods. There are numerous members on here that I have 100% faith in, long standing and some that aren't as active anymore.
I have total faith in @Romeo Van Frogskinstein and I am not going to let a few disrupters sway my hope ( no longer members)
I have very little faith in humanity, but I still have a very strong faith in my Oakley Brothers and Sisters.
Agreed on reputation alone, but hopefully some grey matter goes into the close of a deal.

Username Hidden said:
Donny wrote that just for you, actually I do not think he wrote it. They were pretty talentless when it came to writing.
I do not agree!
Trust me, I have been jilted, but the dishonesty is not always associated with fakery. From my experience it was more taking peoples money without delivering the product, at least from my readings on here. My issues had to do with shill bidding EBay, but the items were more than legit, and though the member is a douche, he still had quality goods. There are numerous members on here that I have 100% faith in, long standing and some that aren't as active anymore.
I have total faith in @Romeo Van Frogskinstein and I am not going to let a few disrupters sway my hope ( no longer members)
I have very little faith in humanity, but I still have a very strong faith in my Oakley Brothers and Sisters.
Agreed on reputation alone, but hopefully some grey matter goes into the close of a deal.

that is fair. It is good that you feel comfortable with who you are dealing with and are confident in what you are getting. That is very important.

What I can say is that as someone who has been in a unique position to have experience within the inner walls of HQ while following the collector community at the same time, there are numerous items owned by members that are not what they are claimed to be. No I will not say what these items are as the owners are enjoying them but I would think the truth will eventually come out when they come up for sale. I consider this a cautionary tale on my part but I will leave it at that. I probably should not get involved in this side of the community anyway.

Username Hidden said:
How can you prove the carbon is legit? I’m still questioning this “white whale”
1621546488287.png

@Steven Goldberg 😄

In that case my olemans @Nucchem copper r1 is only worth 850 :cry: Without serial or certificate that proves it to be 100 percent legit (just word of mouth):bigboss:

Username Hidden said:
I do not agree!
Do you mind pointing out this person 😉. It will help us all to “beware”

Username Hidden said:
Do you mind pointing out this person 😉. It will help us all to “beware”
They have made a reappearance with some very limited stuff and some redic prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back