• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

All those pretty X Metals

PitBoss

I should Work at Oakley
Norway
Being under the impression that all Oakley X Metals had a limited run I:m completly lost for words on the sheer amount of BNIB, NOS, mint condition xm's being traded at the exchange..
where do you guys come across all these magnificent pieces?

are there still dealers/stores out there having leftovers from almost 10 years ago?

Being under the impression that all Oakley X Metals had a limited run

They were not all limited runs. Some pairs like the X-Squared, had a shorter run than others like the Juliet, but they were definitely all not limited. There, of course were some limited runs, like the 24K Juliet and X-Squared and those are numbered. There are some even more limited, but there were definitely quite a few X-Metals produced over a long enough period of time that there are great examples of each species still around.

Being under the impression that all Oakley X Metals had a limited run I:m completely lost for words on the sheer amount of BNIB, NOS, mint condition xm's being traded at the exchange..
where do you guys come across all these magnificent pieces?
You have to keep in mind that they made way more x metals than you might think, I would guess well over a half million. These commanded fairly high prices at retail and frankly many were scared to wear them. High production + high retail = Many survivors
the glasses were discontinued from Oakley in 2012 and people have been hoarding since then
So true!

You have to keep in mind that they made way more x metals than you might think, I would guess well over a half million. These commanded fairly high prices at retail and frankly many were scared to wear them. High production + high retail = Many survivors

So true!
I concur. :)