• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Almost Here

That's a bummer, I. Want something like chrome iridium for these, or possibly the black icons. Could I switch the icons if I had them?

That's a bummer, I. Want something like chrome iridium for these, or possibly the black icons. Could I switch the icons if I had them?

you would have to find them on another frame and carefully pry them off. most of the time the adhesive left is still enough to keep them on, but sometimes you will need to apply additional adhesive

you would have to find them on another frame and carefully pry them off. most of the time the adhesive left is still enough to keep them on, but sometimes you will need to apply additional adhesive
What kind of adhesive do they use to stick the icons onto the frames?

From what I've seen, it's not a hardened adhesive like superglue. It's more rubbery since a lot of the icons on my frames have a little give.

If I were to pry off icons I'd like to use the same type of adhesive as Oakley does just in case I accidentally use one that's corrosive or something.

What kind of adhesive do they use to stick the icons onto the frames?

From what I've seen, it's not a hardened adhesive like superglue. It's more rubbery since a lot of the icons on my frames have a little give.

If I were to pry off icons I'd like to use the same type of adhesive as Oakley does just in case I accidentally use one that's corrosive or something.

Im sure oakley has a proprietary recipe for their adhesive, but it essentially this:
Fugitive glue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia_

but obviously tailored for the sunglasses themselves

Back