• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Almost Positive I Have A Minute Machine Fake

N Jenner

Oakley Expert
So as the title suggests, I'm almost positive I'm in possession of a minute machine fake. I don't have any pictures at the moment but the funny thing is that everything outlined in the other threads on this matter show that this is a legit minute machine. Band is correct, case is titanium, saphire crystal with a blue hue under certain light, face is correct, back plate is correct, watch came with all the paperwork and the correct boxes. Now for the part that makes me positive it's fake, battery was dead and when it was opened to replace the battery the guts on the watch are plastic?? Has anyone else seen the inside of a genuine minute machine? It surely can't be plastic with a watch of this caliber?

There is a thread somewhere in he watch section with pics of the inside. I remember other people complaining about the plastic innards as well. Maybe somebody can point you to that thread, I can't find it.

Maybe it is genuine then? Anyone have any info on this? Just seems strange that a watch with a Swiss movement has such a cheap looking interior.

I don't think they use the nice ETA movements, either. It's a quartz watch, so right there you know it's not one of the big name Swiss movements.

The innards are no different than what is used in Wenger and Victorinox watches, or something of that caliber. They work. The watch looks good. Plastic plates save a little weight, and are a lot cheaper to make. It's not like they're load bearing or subject to stresses like what a mechanical or automatic would see.

So the movement is supposed to be plastic? If so I think I got a genuine one for almost nothing!

Authentic Minute Machine internals....

aqedyna6.jpg

Thanks! Looks the same on the inside and everything else checks out. I have to admit though I was disappointed when I opened it up.

Back