• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I being scammed?

Brit@KSA

I am Jim Jannard...
Just want to pick your brains fellow O lovers, especially those who are UK based, if you've come across a payment method such as this (email screenshot below)?....
I'm having a funny gut feeling at the moment and I am seeing some parts of this email as red flags.

1. The Bank's email - do big banks normally use gmail accounts when sending Banking Transactions like this?
2. Scroll down to the 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION' part on the second page (the part in BOLD Letters). I can't help feeling threatened by this Bank email.
3. 'INFORMATION ON HOW THE MONEY WILL BE ACTIVATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT' - I can't help feeling like I'm watching those youtube videos of Call centre scammers from India just reading this part. Same feeling on the last page.

Anyways, just wanted to see if any of you had an experience like this (especially those from the UK)? I mean receiving transaction emails from SecureTrust Bank of payment transfers.

Its quarter past ten now here in the evening, UK time and I do have the guy's Bank phone number and will be calling them tomorrow morning to ask or confirm the transaction before I post the MM.

IMG_20221103_214214.jpg
IMG_20221103_214257.jpg
IMG_20221103_214420.jpg

Back