• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I developing another ocd?

12second12

Oakley Beginner
Ok I suppose I've worn Oakleys since the 90s, so this has been a long relationship.
I wore m frames at work, and in general thought they looked like crap, but practical they were.
I'd pop a clear lens in, and go to work.
Pop a ice blue iridium lens in for the drive home.
Eventually came across a pair of magnesium m frames, a dozen or so years ago, that I've loved for so many years, especially since they fit so much better on my melon. 2 lenses about wore out, fire, and blue iridium, still wearable though, and a nasty disease has started like cancer on the frames.
I'm moving on to x metal now, and it's been fun. Albeit a little expensive.
My justification is there safety glasses!

Well I'm glad I got that off my chest.

Xman on the forum refinishes xmetal frames for forum members at a reasonable price. not sure if he does magnesium frames or not, but he might be able to put new life back in your Mag M frame if you want to save it.

what Xmetals did you pick up to replace them?

welcome to the forum by the way!

Xman on the forum refinishes xmetal frames for forum members at a reasonable price. not sure if he does magnesium frames or not, but he might be able to put new life back in your Mag M frame if you want to save it.

what Xmetals did you pick up to replace them?

welcome to the forum by the way!

That's part of the reason I joined this forum, as I'm sure some of you all, are a wealth of information.
The x metal stuff seams pretty industrial grade.

My mag m frames are sad, but still nice, as it's purely cosmetic, except the wore out rubber, there still functional. They need restored!
All help is appreciated.

I had 2 pair of Juliette's that I've had a few years.
They always seamed to small for my face, and I didn't wear them that much, as I have some Vuarnet 002 models that had become my beaters.
I had one pair of Juliet with the G30 golf lens, and another with black iridium.
Sold them in the last few weeks, and can't believe I made money on them.
They were very nice though, perfect noses, no wear, lenses near mint.
Picked up some xx x metal nice looking, more wear then I like in the nose though.
24k lens, and some black iridium, and a fuse f30 for golf.
They fit so much nicer then the Juliet did.
I also just snatched a pair of Romeo on the bay, that I'm sure some members saw, as they were not listed as anything x metal, or Romeo and foundered for a day on the bay, until with multiple emails, and a offer of a buy it now, he resisted, and I bought them before he could almost get them listed.
I didn't steal them, but I got them much cheaper then they sell for.
I believe there the so called Jordan Romeos as they have a 4 digit serial number, and have the original red ear stems. There nice.

Latest Posts

Back