• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I Nuts?

Oakley Dokily

Oakley Enthusiast
I’m new here, and I’m new to understanding the collectibility of X-Metals, but I think I’m beginning to get it.

I’ve always liked Oakleys, and I’ve had a bunch over the years, but never any X-Metals. I’m the kind of guy that jumps into things pretty hard when I get interested.

So, would it be stupid of me to just try to buy one of each of the 10 models to begin my collection, or is there a better way to approach this?

As I said in my introduction thread, I am a collector of many things, but I’ve never considered collecting Oakleys until recently. From what I gather, it is a very strong seller’s market right now, but I don’t know enough to know what kind of volatility this market has.

Any advice is appreciated.

i wanted to recreate a similar previous collection i had. now is not a good time to try and do this. BUT, it is not going to get better in the short term. if you are not in a rush, some not terrible deals can be had here, and by keeping a sharp eye on ebay.

good luck to you what ever you decide.

I’m new here, and I’m new to understanding the collectibility of X-Metals, but I think I’m beginning to get it.

I’ve always liked Oakleys, and I’ve had a bunch over the years, but never any X-Metals. I’m the kind of guy that jumps into things pretty hard when I get interested.

So, would it be stupid of me to just try to buy one of each of the 10 models to begin my collection, or is there a better way to approach this?

As I said in my introduction thread, I am a collector of many things, but I’ve never considered collecting Oakleys until recently. From what I gather, it is a very strong seller’s market right now, but I don’t know enough to know what kind of volatility this market has.

Any advice is appreciated.

@Oakley Dokely

What is happening here?

Back