• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Am I Out of Luck?

Johnnyz28

Oakley Beginner
So I lost my sunglasses at the beach....forgot to take them off and dropped them rescuing my daughter from a wave. These were prescription too so I'm pretty bummed about it.

Anyway, I can't seem to find an identical pair and I absolutely loved these glasses-

Straight Jacket, Blood metallic with black "O" and VR28 Black Iridium lenses.

Is there anywhere online that might carry this configuration OR are the Straight Jacket's still customizable? I checked Oakley's site but the only frame color option seems to be gloss black.

Im not really interested in buying off eBay or any other used/secondhand options so if I'm out of luck I'm out of luck.

Once you meet requirements, the exchange section here is your best friend. Lits of awesome members with collections beyond my wildest dreams. Once you can, post a want to buy and im sure someone here will help you out with an exact match or something pretty close. As for prescription lenses, @Chris A Hardaway should be able to hook you up.

Any idea if these frames could be found from a legit retailer online? Or is my only option secondhand?

They don't sell straight jacket's anymore, so you will have to go third party, eBay, here once you meet the requirements to find what your looking for

Is there a way to verify a third party site? I'd like to see if a retailer is legitimate as they have what I'm looking for listed. I may just stick with the pair I purchased today but those straight jackets were so comfortable! And I really loved the color lol.

Hope.
There is always hope.
Access
In order to access our complete Exchange Areas (including usernames, and contact information) and send Private Messages you must meet the following requirements

• Be a member for a minimum of 14 days
  • Have at least 15 useful posts
  • For the Misc./Everything Else area, you must be a member for 30 Days!
We do understand some members would like to bypass these requirements and jump right into the exchange areas. At the request of members, our Premium Membership now gives you instant access to all Oakley exchange areas and Messaging abilities.

https://www.oakleyforum.com/help/exchange-guidelines

Is this the pair you are looking for? It originally had VR28 but I swapped them out for black iridium.

IMG_20170719_155657.jpg

Is this the pair you are looking for? It originally had VR28 but I swapped them out for black iridium.

View attachment 358445

Yea, that's it. Lenses won't be a big deal because I need prescriptions anyway.

For the record here guys, I'm not trying to bypass anything. I am looking for some help finding them in new condition at a reputable/verified third party since they cannot be obtained direct from Oakley anymore. I've found a site with the pair I want listed but I have no idea if it's safe to order from them and if I could get some help verifying that company it would be awesome.

Depending on how that all works out I may buy a pair secondhand from an individual. Probably gonna be well past the requirements for using the forum exchange by then.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Back