• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Amateurs trying to service flex couplers. DONT!

It would seem their handiwork came after taking the photos. Since even from poor quality image, the punched crack and abrasion above the hole should have been noticeable in the photo.
Did the pair you got match the s/n of the pair he had pictured and/or does the arm finish match the orbital finish... or did they pull a switcheroo on you and send you a different pair?

View attachment 670926

Looks like a switcheroo to me. Frame finish looks pretty clean and smooth in original and the bridge he received is pitted and grimy.

Looks like a switcheroo to me. Frame finish looks pretty clean and smooth in original and the bridge he received is pitted and grimy.
Destroying the bridge (an not mentioning it) after already listing it is a ****ty thing for the seller to pull.. But purposely showing one pair, an then swapping out just the arm to be passed off as clean pair is super scumbag move!

Cbarton72 if you plan to go for a partial refund route on them, make sure the coupler hole on the orbital isn't ovaled out or twisted out of line.

Speaking of... I have a very rare JBR Juliet on my desk now. Very low serial #126. Not one but BOTH pins have HUGE burs on them. If you tried to use a 'Made in China' rebranded watch/eyeglasses screw extractor tool *ahem* on this you would have blown out the bridge and this bridge is basically irreplaceable.

IMG_6688.JPG

Using that tool is like taking your Ferrari for repairs at this place:
abandoned.jpg

Last edited:
Destroying the bridge (an not mentioning it) after already listing it is a ****ty thing for the seller to pull.. But purposely showing one pair, an then swapping out just the arm to be passed off as clean pair is super scumbag move!

Cbarton72 if you plan to go for a partial refund route on them, make sure the coupler hole on the orbital isn't ovaled out or twisted out of line.
It would seem their handiwork came after taking the photos. Since even from poor quality image, the punched crack and abrasion above the hole should have been noticeable in the photo.
Did the pair you got match the s/n of the pair he had pictured and/or does the arm finish match the orbital finish... or did they pull a switcheroo on you and send you a different pair?

View attachment 670926
No man everything matched. I think maybe they posted old pics.

Speaking of... I have a very rare JBR Juliet on my desk now. Very low serial #126. Not one but BOTH pins have HUGE burs on them. If you tried to use a 'Made in China' rebranded watch/eyeglasses screw extractor tool *ahem* on this you would have blown out the bridge and this bridge is basically irreplaceable.

View attachment 671091

Using that tool is like taking your Ferrari for repairs at this place:
View attachment 671088
Holy cow!!! That is a huge burr. The frame must have been loose forever...

Back