• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Amateurs trying to service flex couplers. DONT!

I have never seen a Bridge Repair bevore but there is so many things wrong I dont even know where to start.
First of all why is he not doing dishes like his wife told him?
Instead he rapes that frame with his lack of proper tools and talent to use them.

Imagine my surprise when I opened a package containing gen 1 plasmas, only to find that the previous owner had tried to repair his own glasses and roached the nose bridge... hopefully someone here has spare parts for sale, or PayPal is getting a claim. Replacing flex couplers when you have no clue as to what you are doing is like having a sore prick... DONT FU@K with it. View attachment 670092
Might could still be saved(for someone with the correct equipment). I don't know for sure, but most titanium alloys are weldable, quick pulse with the Tig, drill and ream to size, then clean and polish.

in some cases i have had luck brazing aluminum braze rod onto x metal. other times i have had to use straight aluminum wire and weld the damage shut and re-drill.

but honestly that guy and his punch set is safer than what that screw press sold on ebay is. those screw press things will ruin a bridge instantly if out of alignment at all. that guy with his punch set is only going to ruin the finish on the frames, and probably a half dozen pins, way before any frame damage will occur.

in some cases i have had luck brazing aluminum braze rod onto x metal. other times i have had to use straight aluminum wire and weld the damage shut and re-drill.

but honestly that guy and his punch set is safer than what that screw press sold on ebay is. those screw press things will ruin a bridge instantly if out of alignment at all. that guy with his punch set is only going to ruin the finish on the frames, and probably a half dozen pins, way before any frame damage will occur.
What screw press do you mean?
Please a picture.

the number of nose bridges destroyed by that thing = astronomical.

NOTE: i do not thing it is a design flaw of the tool, more that the majority of the people trying to use it must be ford driving, bud light drinking, Americans. their motto is just push harder.

Last edited:

NOTE: i do not thing it is a design flaw of the tool, more that the majority of the people trying to use it must be ford driving, bud light drinking, Americans. their motto is just push harder.
OK

Here's my dumb response

1) the pictures he displayed in the ad is NOT the glasses he sent - those are a different pair he mangled, then had to sell

2) can't you just install the XX Plasma ear stems onto a Plasma Juliet Nose Bridge 🤔

I am not sure what you mean with your NOTE.
What exactly is a Ford driving Bud light drinking American?

I am not sure what you mean with your NOTE.
What exactly is a Ford driving Bud light drinking American?

Being from Germany, I doubt you would

Here, this might help. He does tuneups on the cheap
c5a9d7739879f5428449e0e32100f46d.jpg

Back