• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Amateurs trying to service flex couplers. DONT!

the number of nose bridges destroyed by that thing = astronomical.

NOTE: i do not thing it is a design flaw of the tool, more that the majority of the people trying to use it must be ford driving, bud light drinking, Americans. their motto is just push harder.

That thing was never designed for using on X Metals. It’s for getting out stripped screws, it just happens to work well for X Metal tune ups if you do a few modifications. I only destroyed one nose bridge using that thing in all the ones I’ve done. It wasn’t even the tool’s fault, I just didn’t have **** lined up properly so it would have happened with any tool I was using.

I’ve since moved on to something much simpler. A friend made me a tool just for the job.

What tools did Oakley use when they were still doing Tune-Up's?

I have bought me a Knock-off to the Linegear but made me a set of new Pin Pusher.
I have done 5-6 Tune-Up's, have used the original Pin's every time without any damage to pins or bridge.

Last edited:
What tools did Oakley use when they were still doing Tune-Up's?

I have bought me a Knock-off to the Linegear but made me a set of new new Pin Pusher.
I have done 5-6 Tune-Up's, have used the original Pin's every time without any damage to pins or bridge.

It was a modified arbor press. In typical oakley style it’s overkill for the job.

It was a modified arbor press. In typical oakley style it’s overkill for the job.
That is a bit overkill.
If it works for you, perfect.
But still, what kind of Tool/Press was Oakley using wile they still serviced X-Metal?

Something like this?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-02 um 14.06.27.png

Back