• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ambitious pricing

maybe the MSRP price is higher in Japan than US, so they think they can sell their pre-owned products for higher price.

True I shouldn’t generalize... not all of them ... but whenever I browse and see listings from Japan for quite a few items the asking price is excessively high
Some of them reflect a generally higher market but yeah, there are some that are just excessive. Quite often unsold Yahoo auctions are relisted at a higher price, which I never really sussed - presumably they thought a Veblen effect would create higher demand but that doesn’t really work outside of a few very exclusive items.

Screenshot_20180719-185448.png

Here's one I posted a while back in Funny ad thread.

IMHO this can be partially explained because of general lack of storage space (most houses in Japan for the ordinary person are pretty much shoeboxes). Few collectors would have space to store stuff like most of us in the rest of the world, hence higher prices. But I agree, those particular prices are still grossly inflated.

Back