• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An addiction or a hobby???

P.S.
If I was "addicted", I would have just kept all the Oakleys I've bought and given away to my family members hahaha !!!

I like to make them happy, and if it means sharing my current "fad", then so be it :)

OAKLEYS FOR EVERYONE !!!
Some ones in denial !!! What xmetals have you given away hmh? Having Dillon's custom cut getting X xx done in stealth seems like an expensive fad. Sign your collector your talk about Oakley more then few times a day. .. Well at least admit you collect them. Been on this fad for more then 2 years..ever one remembers the old Litos talking smack Oakley lenese not being worth it as you couldn't tell difference !

Some ones in denial !!! What xmetals have you given away hmh? Having Dillon's custom cut getting X xx done in stealth seems like an expensive fad. Sign your collector your talk about Oakley more then few times a day. .. Well at least admit you collect them. Been on this fad for more then 2 years..ever one remembers the old Litos talking smack Oakley lenese not being worth it as you couldn't tell difference !
I don't give XMetals away...

Those are the only ones really worth buying lol...

I could literally sell my entire "small" collection tomorrow and not even lose sleep over it...

Again, buying glasses is not an addiction - It took me 10 months to buy another XMetal hahaha !!!

I don't wear Oakley shirts, I don't wear Oakley watches (awful), I don't wear Oakley hats and I won't ever wear an Oakley shoe (God awful)...

I have 9 XMetals and I'm down to 6 plastic glasses (3 Brooks and 3 Radars)...

People who are addicted to Oakley will buy anything stamped Oakley because they're addicted to the brand...that is NOT me...

Don't get me wrong, I still think Oakley is cool, but I don't go out of my way looking for sales or go out of my way to make time for an Oakley Store visit or meet up with people who are addicts to Oakley...

There was recently an "Oakley Meet N Greet" in my backyard - did I go !?!? Hell no, because eating BBQ with family is more important than meeting people who live, eat, breath Oakley ;)

Still love those guys, but that's something that's not important to me right now, and that's ok...

Oh, if I was addicted, I would have purchased my plane ticket to Vegas already...

But no, I'm far from that level of commitment to glasses lol...

Whoever goes will have an awesome time, I'm sure, but you won't see me there lol...

I don't give XMetals away...

Those are the only ones really worth buying lol...

I could literally sell my entire "small" collection tomorrow and not even lose sleep over it...

Again, buying glasses is not an addiction - It took me 10 months to buy another XMetal hahaha !!!

I don't wear Oakley shirts, I don't wear Oakley watches (awful), I don't wear Oakley hats and I won't ever wear an Oakley shoe (God awful)...

I have 9 XMetals and I'm down to 6 plastic glasses (3 Brooks and 3 Radars)...

People who are addicted to Oakley will buy anything stamped Oakley because they're addicted to the brand...that is NOT me...
Not true at all. xmetal heads buy Oakley stuff as a by product of their love of Xmetal made by Oakley.. Watches are cool but overpriced I get complements on my hollow point and Timebombs all the time.. Over 7k iin posts seems like a lot of time spent on a fad

Oh, if I was addicted, I would have purchased my plane ticket to Vegas already...

But no, I'm far from that level of commitment to glasses lol...

Whoever goes will have an awesome time, I'm sure, but you won't see me there lol...
We will you will be there after you admit it. Just ask your wife what she thinks she knows you best.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Oakley is cool, but I don't go out of my way looking for sales or go out of my way to make time for an Oakley Store visit or meet up with people who are addicts to Oakley...

There was recently an "Oakley Meet N Greet" in my backyard - did I go !?!? Hell no, because eating BBQ with family is more important than meeting people who live, eat, breath Oakley ;)

Still love those guys, but that's something that's not important to me right now, and that's ok...
So if there was a car meet of the same would you have gone that instead.

Ha, No..ur addicted. Dude, You are making time to write on a forum about Oakley sunglasses. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.:help:

Last edited:
Ha, No..ur addicted. Dude, You are making time to write on a forum about Oakley sunglasses. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.:help:

@Litos pretty much described a hobby, not an addiction. He loves the glasses that he owns, might pickup a few more if the mood hits him and the price is right at the time, and fits it in amongst his family and job and recreation. By very definition that's not even close to an addiction. I get a little more into it than he does, and that's all good too. Would love to go to the Vegas meet but it's not in the cards for me this year, so I'm looking forward to next years...but if we don't have one ever again I probably won't hurl myself off a bridge in utter despair.

Litos and I will, however, talk a little bit about Oakleys when my wife and I visit his family at the gazebo for what will probably be the single best barbecue we will ever have. Ever.

;)

@Litos pretty much described a hobby, not an addiction. He loves the glasses that he owns, might pickup a few more if the mood hits him and the price is right at the time, and fits it in amongst his family and job and recreation. By very definition that's not even close to an addiction. I get a little more into it than he does, and that's all good too. Would love to go to the Vegas meet but it's not in the cards for me this year, so I'm looking forward to next years...but if we don't have one ever again I probably won't hurl myself off a bridge in utter despair.

Litos and I will, however, talk a little bit about Oakleys when my wife and I visit his family at the gazebo for what will probably be the single best barbecue we will ever have. Ever.

;)
Ok he has to admit it is A hobby ,not a fad :D

Back