• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An addiction or a hobby???

For me it became an addiction, when i realized that i quit.
Receiving a package with Oakleys, opening it, not even putting them on my nose, but instantly putting them in the Oakley display.
That was not how i wanted to spend my money, so i sold everything.... :)

Hello everyone, my name is jdd32 and i don't have a problem. I sleep dreaming about O's, i stash my x metals in wine boxes, and i eat nothing but iridium chips. My friends in white lab coats tell me I'm turning a blind eye to my problems and see things through a rosy tinted lens. I keep correcting them its vr28 tinted, not rose. Thank you for the therapy session. I think I feel better now.

:crazy:

For me, it's more of a job. Get up early in the morning, fire up the world wide web, clock in and start searching... check to see what's been listed, what new releases are coming out, search the classifieds for those ever elusive frames, take a coffee break, shoot down to the post office, get back to the office, do a couple more searches, rearrange the pairs in the display, take another coffee break, read through some threads and see if there is something interesting to comment on, search the classifieds a bit more, then clock out and go fetch the kids from school.

Only crappy part of it all is that it costs me money instead of making me money.

For me it became an addiction, when i realized that i quit.
Receiving a package with Oakleys, opening it, not even putting them on my nose, but instantly putting them in the Oakley display.
That was not how i wanted to spend my money, so i sold everything.... :)
Yet you still lurk... :)

Hobby, Addiction, Passion and Love are just a few words I have heard to describe what it is we have. For most this is probably true, but for me its THERAPY! There is really no other feeling like it......to find a great pair, customize them and wear them. Finding that holy grail pair and putting them on for the first time, to be in your car driving and glance up in the rear view mirror with a new pair on and just smile. Nobody else really gets it but you and a few O buddies. The thrill of the hunt, the passion of the kill and the reward brought to you by the mail man! Peace at last!! (until the next hunt)
ITS THERAPY!!

Hobby, Addiction, Passion and Love are just a few words I have heard to describe what it is we have. For most this is probably true, but for me its THERAPY! There is really no other feeling like it......to find a great pair, customize them and wear them. Finding that holy grail pair and putting them on for the first time, to be in your car driving and glance up in the rear view mirror with a new pair on and just smile. Nobody else really gets it but you and a few O buddies. The thrill of the hunt, the passion of the kill and the reward brought to you by the mail man! Peace at last!! (until the next hunt)
ITS THERAPY!!
When you look in the rear view mirror of you car you see yourself? :shock:

Back