• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An anecdote I'd like to share....

Mits0108

Oakley Expert
I was at the airport the 2 days ago and at the security checkpoint I had to pass through the metal detector.....

So I took off my wallet, phone and anything metal etc etc....... On that day I was wearing my gearbox.......

After passing through the guard looked at my watch and said " Is that a watch or a wall clock!!?" Now Im a short guy and this watch looks (almost) too big on my wrist........ We both laughed .... I told him its a watch made by Oakley...... he was so fascinated with the design, he asked where he could get one..... I told to see online shopping sites or forums like this, as Oakley have stopped making them....

All I can say is that maybe stopping the watches was a mistake(dead horse subject I know) ..... as I only get a reaction like that these days if I wear one my my x metals....... (another dead horse subject).....

Its still good to see that people who know nothing about Oakley, still can become Oakley fans... even if the products that are made by Oakley have been discontinued..........

Well... make of my encounter.... what you will...... I thought I'd share this feel-good story........

I was at the airport the 2 days ago and at the security checkpoint I had to pass through the metal detector.....

So I took off my wallet, phone and anything metal etc etc....... On that day I was wearing my gearbox.......

After passing through the guard looked at my watch and said " Is that a watch or a wall clock!!?" Now Im a short guy and this watch looks (almost) too big on my wrist........ We both laughed .... I told him its a watch made by Oakley...... he was so fascinated with the design, he asked where he could get one..... I told to see online shopping sites or forums like this, as Oakley have stopped making them....

All I can say is that maybe stopping the watches was a mistake(dead horse subject I know) ..... as I only get a reaction like that these days if I wear one my my x metals....... (another dead horse subject).....

Its still good to see that people who know nothing about Oakley, still can become Oakley fans... even if the products that are made by Oakley have been discontinued..........

Well... make of my encounter.... what you will...... I thought I'd share this feel-good story........
You coulda said "you should see my Time Bomb"

:rofl:

That would have made things interesting really quick

Great story, Thanks for sharing, it is disappointing that Oakleys going a different route
Thanks man..... I guess we all have to adjust to the way Oakley is going........ I'm sure it cant be all doom and gloom.......
There has to be some light on the horizon...... lol..... we just have to be patient........... they must (probably) be working on something really good for the future.....

Back