• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An Impractical Hobby?

I've been told how crazy I am for years about collecting the O and I don't give a damn! I collect it for me.

As a hobby, collecting Oakley sunglasses is one of the more practical ones out there.
My response to those questioning the OP's collection would be "What is impractical about protecting your eyes?".

And while we're on, my answer to the argument of "Why do you need more than one pair of sunglasses?" is always "That's like saying why do you need more than one pair of shoes. Or more than one belt. Or watch. They are an accessory."

As mentioned elsewhere here, people think nothing of spending £100s on other items of clothing - so what's the big mental stretch that they have to pull to include sunglasses in that bracket.

Frank Kozik got it wrong.
He really meant "People Are Stupid."

:smile:

I owe no one an explanation on what I buy, how much I buy, and what I pay for it. I have had people make comments about my wearing of different pairs everyday, but I have only received one negative comment about it, and it was "why I waste money buying them". My response to that was "Because I can"

Most people who comment on what other people collect are usually the ones that have no hobby, no goals, no money, and no life. If you collect something and love doing it, there will always be someone out there that will try to squash your joy or say something negative to you about it.

No matter what they say or do, just smile at them and walk away or change the subject. I have found myself throwing money away on less stuff out there.

As a hobby, collecting Oakley sunglasses is one of the more practical ones out there.
My response to those questioning the OP's collection would be "What is impractical about protecting your eyes?".

And while we're on, my answer to the argument of "Why do you need more than one pair of sunglasses?" is always "That's like saying why do you need more than one pair of shoes. Or more than one belt. Or watch. They are an accessory."

As mentioned elsewhere here, people think nothing of spending £100s on other items of clothing - so what's the big mental stretch that they have to pull to include sunglasses in that bracket.

Frank Kozik got it wrong.
He really meant "People Are Stupid."

:smile:

Wait, am I to understand that you have multiple watches, belts and pairs of shoes. You're living the American dream, buddy! High on the hog!

I owe no one an explanation on what I buy, how much I buy, and what I pay for it. I have had people make comments about my wearing of different pairs everyday, but I have only received one negative comment about it, and it was "why I waste money buying them". My response to that was "Because I can"

Most people who comment on what other people collect are usually the ones that have no hobby, no goals, no money, and no life. If you collect something and love doing it, there will always be someone out there that will try to squash your joy or say something negative to you about it.

No matter what they say or do, just smile at them and walk away or change the subject. I have found myself throwing money away on less stuff out there.

When it is negative, I most of the time get the response that they are crazy money. Way too expensive for "just a pair of sunnies". I tell them when they think that way, they are not even worth wearing the O :)

Back