• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

And so it starts...

He did scoff. Then he got tired of driving in snow with shi**y lenses. Then, after swearing the XM were so unecessary he realized that he needed a 2nd frame for different conditions, darker conditions. So the XX XM came in (I tried to get him to wait till he had exchange access but he got impatient, and found a pretty good deal even if it was feebay) and now he's talking about how it's too nice to be just a crappy weather condition frame. So now there is talk of a 3rd frame to actually use as the poor condition frame and lenses.

View attachment 577542

What have I done?
tumblr_nje75vixS71tr6ni8o1_500.gif

Two months ago: Who in their right mind would spend that much on sunglasses?!?

Today: Yay! My XX arrived!

So, I told myself there was absolutely no need to spend hundreds of dollars on sunglasses. I even privately scoffed when @beau1890 would go on at length about his x-metal collection. But the seed had been planted. No sooner than I finally got my SJ2 with the lenses I wanted than I start thinking... maybe an x-metal would be cool. And, sigh, here we are with me showcasing the XX I bought off ebay.

View attachment 577491 View attachment 577493 View attachment 577494 View attachment 577495 View attachment 577497

That mark you see from the backside of the lenses on the right is on the light fixture itself. The only thing that seems to be "wrong" is how loose the right orbital is. I end up having to partially close the hinge to get a nice firm fit. I'm sure I'll have to get them tuned sooner than later. But on the whole I am super pleased. I feel... legitimate now.
You'll look back on this next year and really wonder what the hell happened! Congrats on your pickup, good luck on your new Oakley journey, and I'm praying for your bank account ;)

Latest Posts

Back