• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

And The Ice Man Cometh...

yoshi1984

I love working Dispatch
California
FORMULA ONE - F1: Raikkonen Is Back With LRGP In 2012
:laugh:

I am excited about this. I know we have some F1 fans here. What's everyone's thoughts of Raikkonen coming back with Lotus-Renault?
or the F1 Season 2012? looks like the Austin USGP is going to be held off until 2013, and a new NJ grand prix may take it's place...
Rumors are Honda will join McLaren in 2014, McLaren will have to start paying for their Mercedes-Benz engines in 2013.
Williams reuniting with Renault. Anyone remember the late 90's dominance that brought them?

I realise it's another 'World Champion' so that makes 6 World Champions contesting the 2012 season but, for me, Raikkonen is quick over a lap but his race craft isn't all that. I don't expect much from him or Lotus next season, I expect them to stay where they are.

From what I've read of Bernie Eccleston saying there will probably never be an Austin USGP. Bernie always wanted a 'show piece' race in the US in a major city with international recognition. Now, I know Austin, but it's not the metropolis of other major cities such as NY, Chicago, LA, San Francisco etc. Austin was really only a possibility because it was the only place saying it wanted to host a GP. Now the New Jersey GP (which everyone is referring to as the New York GP because you'll see a view of Manhattan from the track, and Manhattan is that 'show piece' location) might happen, Bernie has no real interest in Austin. From what he's been saying, the Austin guys have never really had the backing anyway and now the NJ GP is planned will probably not even finish building the track, because all funding and focus is on NJ now.

McLaren and Honda tie up harks back to past glory days but with the new engine regulations coming in a few seasons it really is anyone's guess as to who will be the engine to go with. Ditto William and Renault. Currently the Renault engine isn't the strongest in the field, that belongs to Mercedes, but once the engine specs change, who knows.

I realise it's another 'World Champion' so that makes 6 World Champions contesting the 2012 season but, for me, Raikkonen is quick over a lap but his race craft isn't all that. I don't expect much from him or Lotus next season, I expect them to stay where they are.

From what I've read of Bernie Eccleston saying there will probably never be an Austin USGP. Bernie always wanted a 'show piece' race in the US in a major city with international recognition. Now, I know Austin, but it's not the metropolis of other major cities such as NY, Chicago, LA, San Francisco etc. Austin was really only a possibility because it was the only place saying it wanted to host a GP. Now the New Jersey GP (which everyone is referring to as the New York GP because you'll see a view of Manhattan from the track, and Manhattan is that 'show piece' location) might happen, Bernie has no real interest in Austin. From what he's been saying, the Austin guys have never really had the backing anyway and now the NJ GP is planned will probably not even finish building the track, because all funding and focus is on NJ now.

McLaren and Honda tie up harks back to past glory days but with the new engine regulations coming in a few seasons it really is anyone's guess as to who will be the engine to go with. Ditto William and Renault. Currently the Renault engine isn't the strongest in the field, that belongs to Mercedes, but once the engine specs change, who knows.
I felt he was one of the faster drivers on the grid. True, he's been gone for 2 years, coming back with a team who isn't exactly threatening the podium each race, but hopefully with his experience and speed, they'll accomplish more than Schumi is with Mercedes GP. Speaking of which, 2012 is supposed to be the season where MercedesGP will finally start building a competitive car...then again, with all the talk of how 2011 was supposed to be the year Schumi starts fighting for podium's since the car was supposed to have been built AROUND him and his style of driving didn't exactly come through now did it.
I've heard excuses anywhere from the poor bridgestone tires of 2010, to the wheelbase of the car being to long, with the new larger fuel cell's, (no pun intended) to them shortening the car, etc...although he once again did kick butt at Spa this season and had he qualified better i felt he could have fought for a podium.
IF Schumi doesn't win a few races next season, I don't see the point in him staying. I heard he may or may not extend his three year contract with Mercedes GP.

I watched video's of the proposed NJ track course, it has some enjoyable parts, good elevation changes, but nothing to exciting to me.

I heard that also, about the Renault engines supposedly being the weaker of the engines manufactures. Monza was supposed to be Mercedes shining moment of the year with the high speeds...yeah not happening. I am hoping they do come together and it's not a rumor...

great to see Kimi back at the wheel of an F1 car... not sure about the development of Lotus / Renault for next year, but they had the 4th (or 5th, depending on circuit type) fastest car on the grid this year. Its a possibly to set him up to transition to Red Bull Renault when Mark Webber retires... :)

Well... at least there's another World Champion on the grid... can't wait for the season to begin again.

I heard that also, about the Renault engines supposedly being the weaker of the engines manufactures. Monza was supposed to be Mercedes shining moment of the year with the high speeds...yeah not happening. I am hoping they do come together and it's not a rumor...

u r right... Renault engines have the least power among all the engine manufacturers, but they are also the lowest in fuel consumption (Ferrari being the highest), hence renault powered cars can get away with a lighter car in a race, u will notice Ferrari and Toro Rosso cars handle like tractors during the start of the race with full tank of fuel, then only coming to life halfway thru the race.

Latest Posts

Back