• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Andrew Henderson AKA Drewblood419

Being a newer member, I wasn't around for this but able to read this and the R1 fundraiser thread after the bump. Damn tear-jerker. What an incredible act of kindness by numerous members of this forum.

Having spent numerous months of my training years at MD Anderson, I can tell you first hand that SCT's that go wrong are even worse than you can imagine. Andrew is definitely in a better place.

A good reminder for all of us "aging" gents and gals to get annual bloodwork, colonoscopies if you're over 50, PSA checks if your as old as @Nucchem lol j/k, and wear damn sunscreen for all of us lighter skinned souls that are in the sun a lot!

Maybe some day we'll have an answer for most CA's.....

I never knew Andy or had any interaction with him here on the forums but the write up that Tim did made me feel like I knew him for years.
I read it shortly after he posted it. Parts of it were a struggle for me to get through. When I got the the last page and I saw the picture of girl sitting on the concrete I lost it. I havent been back to that page until today. I lost it again. I dont know why that picture hit me so hard but it did.

Take a moment today to hug your kids and family. Make a phone call to those not with you at the moment.

I hope your doing will up there Andy and I hope you family down here are doing the best they can.

R.I.P. O-Brother.

You guys are simply awesome. Andy sure knew how to pick friends. I’m missing him terribly this weekend and know that it’s doubly hard on his Mom and Dad. Update for you all is that they are doing well. Len (Andy’s Dad) is a regular visitor to my ranch and he and I remain close. He’s a super guy just like his son. I lost my dad to the same disease that took Andy and just 41 days after Andy passed. It was on Thanksgiving Day. Tough disease that MDS. Len gave me Andy’s Scalley hat and, his beloved Oakley’s. They both sit in a place of pride in my home. Again, thanks so much for your outpouring of love for Andy - thanks, Tim
5364CA92-3CDC-4F85-A07F-4BAE25E8EDBB.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember corresponding with him and he seemed to be doing better and then this came out. Cancer ******* sucks!
I pray his family is at peace. I find solace in knowing he is.

Back