• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Andrew Henderson AKA Drewblood419

Friends of Andy -

If you would like to know a lot more about Andy, I wrote a 10 part tribute to my friend just a few weeks after he passed. You'll learn about his childhood, teen years, work life and of course the painful and sometimes beautiful details of the course of his illness. Most importantly, you'll hear from his friends just how much he impacted the world around him. Given the unbelievable amount of love you all showed him, I'll bet you will appreciate hearing the rest of his story. Set aside a few minutes to read it and have a tissue or two ready. He really was an amazing young man.

Find it here by clicking on the "Andy" link at the top

thepinballloft.com

For thoses that don't know, Andy's other passion was Pinball. It is mine also and that is why I placed his story on my Pinball blog.

I can't tell you how much his Dad appreciated what you all did for Andy. I was with him earlier tonight. He kept going on and on about how kind the "guys on the Oakely site" were to Andy. He asked me to go check it out. I did, and I was/am impressed. You should all be incredibly proud of what you did for Andy. I'm blown away. Thank you for being kind to my friend.
Tim
What an absolutely beautiful tribute! Really makes you realize how short life really is. Gone way too young. Thank you for sharing.

View attachment 541687

Sad news everyone. We lost one of our brothers a couple of weeks ago. @Drewblood419 passed on October 12th after a 10 month battle with MDS (a bone marrow failure disorder) and Leukemia. I'm sure anyone here who ever conversed with him or came across any of his posts was instantly aware of his kindness and positive attitude through it all. Many of us stepped up and helped him with funds for either purchasing from him to help him fund his fight or with attaining his grail of a Romeo.

Here's his full story from his family.

View Andrew Henderson's Obituary on knoxnews.com and share memories

Here are a few threads that show what kind of guy he was as what kind of people we have here in our community.

Sold - Polished XS and XXxm
Sold - Gold juliets for sale or trade towards R1
Sold - Juliet carbon beater

Rest In Peace bro..

Here he is after receiving his grail.... a badass to the end..
View attachment 541690
I can't believe how cool it was we (oakley forum crowd) could be there and share with him until the day before his death. The meaning in those Romeo's was so much more than a pair of cheap sunglasses.

Amen brother! You guys did something really special for Andy. He was blessed by all of you.

BTW - the tribute I wrote about Andy has been updated to reflect his Celebration of Life service we held about a month after he passed

For those interested, click on "Andy" at the top

thepinballloft.com
Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us.

I’ve never meet Andy, but he touched and moved me from my online interactions alone.

After reading and crying through your incredibly well written piece, I’m trying to fix fractured relationships in my life from his example.

Your friend is still helping make the world a better place, and you are helping to extend his impact.

Thank you again for sharing so much with strangers

Today marks the one year anniversary of Andrew’s passing. Hope you’re still rocking those R1’s, bud. Still rocking your J’s.

9068376E-B92C-4FF8-8521-52BCE4E00C4C.jpeg

Back