• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Andrew Tater Petterson Frogskins

This person, if the shadow bidder won the auction, it just gets reported as a retraction or the bidder didn't pay, and they realist it until a bidder exceeds their set price which is auto bids.

Or the seller cancels the auction afterwards saying there was an error with the description or it was damaged etc.
At which point there is no negative result for either

There is a little more to add to this. Andrew would like $325 for each pair he verifies. After the verification is determined that they are indeed his work, he would like to add a serialized, holographic, tamper-proof "sticker" near the signature then provide the current owner with a COA card.

My thoughts are simply this, this will in no way increase the value of the glasses. Most likely, it is going to hurt the resale value as the glasses will no longer be as they were from Oakley and there will be no way to remove the holographic without damaging the finish on the frames since they are already sensitive as they are.

I appreciate the fact that he would be willing to authenticate his own work but not at a cost of $325 per pair.

wow!! DOUCHE I WOULD SAY.

So someone 'splain the shill bidding. We know its happening
Perfect example right here.
(188 blue star) under the bidders bidding, same guy all the time, look at his statistics. If 188 blue star wins this coin, it will be relisted, guaranteed!
And if someone does win other then 188 bluestar, 188's bid will be the next in line from the winners.
188 blue star, sets a bid for the least amount he will take for the coin, as you bid 188 blue stars bid will always outbid you automaticaly, until you bid over the minimum asking. If no one does, then 188 bluestart wins. But will be relisted in the following week.

This coin I’ve not seen until recently and went for an insane amount just a few weeks ago.

Thats crazy. So I see why the said seller would be "shadow bidding". Its the same coin on one side. No idea about special forces coins, how many, how many differnet coin faces. Curious to see how high this will go. But you see the 188 blue star is always there. I reported this to Ebay, even spoke to someone and they assured me this would be taken care of. Obviously NOT! Ebay doesn't care as they will always get their share.

The second and latest SI coin was officially unveiled earlier this year before Shot Show. It was also posted on the O Review somewhere. I am sure they will become more available once SI is finished with them like how the current SI and Five coins have reached collector hands.

Back