• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Andrew Tater Petterson Frogskins

The second and latest SI coin was officially unveiled earlier this year before Shot Show. It was also posted on the O Review somewhere. I am sure they will become more available once SI is finished with them like how the current SI and Five coins have reached collector hands.
Thank you for this info! Speaking of Shot Show, seems like the buzz around HNBL has died down.

You know how many fake pair of taters are floating out there? At least 15 pairs that I know and I know several of those were purchased for over 1500 a pair. Lots of people with fake tater pairs. The same seller that sold fake tater pairs, also sold fake Todd Francis sketches. He made super high quality copies of the original and then sold the copies of the originals. There are more than a couple Oakley collections with some super fake pieces in the collection. The seller that is faking all this stuff is killing the Oakley market. I wouldn’t buy a single pair of taters anymore because so many of them are fakes. That’s a ******* shame. Joe knew what he was doing when he created all these fakes, and seriously is a piece of ****. The 50 original taters were the frog frail of most frog collectors and now they have been ruined by one collector. **** you Joe Carson

There are a lot of fakes in people’s collections where they don’t know about it just yet. Not just the Joe Smith stuff but tons of other stuff as well. All of it will come out eventually and the backstory regarding them. Should be some very interesting times in the next few years.

There are a lot of fakes in people’s collections where they don’t know about it just yet. Not just the Joe Smith stuff but tons of other stuff as well. All of it will come out eventually and the backstory regarding them. Should be some very interesting times in the next few years.
Wanna mention names or items? I know of a couple other not legit items in peoples collections. I know a lot of fake bob heads and trophy’s out there. But in the sunglasses I know nothing that comes close to the fake taters.

All of the Andrew Petterson Frogskins I have on eBay are 100% genuine and perfectly match all o-review photos. I have already stated who I purchased them from as well. I honestly do not know why Garth thinks otherwise. I have met Garth in person, great guy, and I am truly amazed you would say such things about me. I respect the Oakley brand WAY too much to do what you are claiming. Buy with confidence as they are all real. I shouldn't even be having to write this message.

Garth you should be able to easily show Andrew all of the high quality photos for him to compare to see that these pairs are genuine. It's really not hard. I know you are good friends with Andrew, which is awesome - so quit with the undeserved slander, which really only reflects a lot about your own character, and just know that I am moving onto my own projects, and obviously have been selling my collection little by little.

Wanna mention names or items? I know of a couple other not legit items in peoples collections. I know a lot of fake bob heads and trophy’s out there. But in the sunglasses I know nothing that comes close to the fake taters.

The ones that come readily to mind was the digi-camo/snow camo Gascan S that was sold as a factory one off. It was custom hydro dipped but not by Oakley. Sold on eBay. I forget who bought it. There is another case of custom Juliet blinders to replicate the ones in the X-men movies. These were done by a person claiming to be a former Oakley modeller but they were absolutely horrible. After many attempts he got them closer, but but obviously not done by Oakley. Since we are on the X-men stuff, there was some custom lenses done to replicate the movie lenses but was sold as real once it was passed on from ths original customizer into eventual scalpers hands. This was years back on the O Review and the ultimate buyer always tried to claim it is screen used but we knew who the actual person that created the lenses were. fake lenses, fake metal briefcases, lots of stuff out there.

All of the Andrew Petterson Frogskins I have on eBay are 100% genuine and perfectly match all o-review photos. I have already stated who I purchased them from as well. I honestly do not know why Garth thinks otherwise. I have met Garth in person, great guy, and I am truly amazed you would say such things about me. I respect the Oakley brand WAY too much to do what you are claiming. Buy with confidence as they are all real. I shouldn't even be having to write this message.

Garth you should be able to easily show Andrew all of the high quality photos for him to compare to see that these pairs are genuine. It's really not hard. I know you are good friends with Andrew, which is awesome - so quit with the undeserved slander, which really only reflects a lot about your own character, and just know that I am moving onto my own projects, and obviously have been selling my collection little by little.
What about the fake Todd Francis sketches you have sold? What about the previous fake taters you have sold, what about the 4 other taters you had listed a few weeks ago and then pulled down?

What about the fake Todd Francis sketches you have sold? What about the previous fake taters you have sold, what about the 4 other taters you had listed a few weeks ago and then pulled down?
Garth, I have never sold any fake Taters. I truly do not know why you think otherwise. You must have mis-information somehow. I would never be able to even make something like that. The 5 Frogskins pulled were purchased privately so they could save eBay fees. I would be happy to do that for anyone. I owned 10 Petterson Frogskins. 5 have sold, 5 are left for sale. Your Todd Francis original sketches were sold also to a Large Collector. They had COAs that you provided with them. All of the items are 100% original, just as when you sold them to me.

I always enjoyed Tater's work, and it's impossible to duplicate.

Concept Studios are coming very soon and also being sold, as well as most of the rest of the collection as I am moving on like you did.

Latest Posts

Back