• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anodized titanium color chart 9 thru 90 volts

Lopaka KaMars

Oakley Non-Expert πŸ„ πŸ˜ŽπŸ€™
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kaneohe Hawaii
Aloha O-community. Some of you know I've been anodizing. But when I first researching things, I noticed I could never find a comprehensive chart showing 'ALL' the colors. After doing this, I now understand why. Some colors, like all those in the 30 volt range, look similar to one another. Some colors are a blend of two colors and are just ugly. Judge for yourself now. These are all polished titanium plates that have a decent 7-8/10 shine on them. So if your anodizing an X-metal with an awesome shine, it may look a little lighter than what you see here. I stopped at 90 volts because that is the last color I can get to consistently with my power supply. I did reach 91 volts. But it took a while.
This is just one chart that I took pictures of at different angles. I don't have good photography lighting. So I was trying to capture what light I had, so hopefully the color progressions can be seen clearer.

IMG_3702.jpeg
IMG_3932.jpeg
IMG_3935.jpeg
IMG_3943.jpeg
IMG_3950.jpeg
IMG_3953.jpeg
IMG_3958.jpeg
IMG_3959.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg
IMG_3965.jpeg
IMG_3966.jpeg
IMG_3968.jpeg

Last edited:
Super cool work, it give a great idea about the full range of colors one can get out of anodizing. Jus a question, which one would you say is the closest resembling pearl white? I remember a giy in the forum who did some weird anodizing test and ended up getting some sort of white pearly finsh which looked awesome. Would love to get that finish in a juliet or a watch

Super cool work, it give a great idea about the full range of colors one can get out of anodizing. Jus a question, which one would you say is the closest resembling pearl white? I remember a giy in the forum who did some weird anodizing test and ended up getting some sort of white pearly finsh which looked awesome. Would love to get that finish in a juliet or a watch
Like this?

IMG_3579.jpeg
IMG_3582.jpeg

I'm seriously messing around with everyone with that photo. Sorry. This makes me cry to say, but I don't know how I did it. And worse. The eye sockets that had that color are no more, and I did have both sides done the same way. But that was done during the times I was still experimenting with my anodizing. So I was "practicing" with my mars parts rather than the plates, because anodizing my mars was always the goal. I was shooting for a light purple in the low 70's when the color in the photos came up by accident. I did like it enough to take photos of it. But it was done on sockets that had very little shine on them, because keeping whatever color that came up wasn't the plan. I was still trying to get nice even colors when that happened, and didn't even get the color I was looking for. So I actually had a little disappointment in them. I did wish that happened on a shinier pair. Maybe I would have kept it. Even the purple stems and bridge got changed when I was able to nail down solid colors. Those pieces turned into the blue mars I did.

IMG_3574.jpeg
IMG_3737.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back