• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anodized titanium color chart 9 thru 90 volts

Yes, Those stems are just Aluminium. I would like a custom jobbie like a Titanium exhaust header or link pipe when it goes through a heat cycle.

I guess the closest to this is purple, Which i see a few people have had done. Nothing against the colour & each to their own, But I personally don't want a pair of Purple framed Sunglasses......

IMG_9053_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Yes, Those stems are just Aluminium. I would like a custom jobbie like a Titanium exhaust header or link pipe when it goes through a heat cycle.

I guess the closest to this is purple, Which i see a few people have had done. Nothing against the colour & each to their own, But I personally don't want a pair of Purple framed Sunglasses......

View attachment 892323
Is this just from driving?

What I can't understand is these Dart stems were anodised in this shade of Red & available way back but doesn't seem to be able to be replicated atm.
I would be up for a frame done in this shade.

View attachment 892188
Yeah those are aluminum. Aluminum anodizing is a completely different process to titanium. Aluminum anodizing you grow a layer of porous aluminum oxide onto the aluminum, then that layer is dyed and sealed. Thats what holds the color. Titanium anodizing changes the thickness of the natural oxide layer titanium forms when exposed to oxygen. The thicker that layer it interferes with the light reflected off of it which gives you the colors. There's no red color in titanium anodizing. Also there's no white anodized aluminum as the pigments in white are too large to be able to go into the aluminum oxide layer.

Hi, and if I want to anodize aluminum pieces in matte black color, which voltage would be? thank you

Back