• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anodizing X-metal Frame

powder coat might be too thick dont you think so? i read on the website that titanium can also be anodized..but i will take your word for it
keyword being titanium...X Metal is an alloy of 9 metals from what they told us at the Co-Pilot event if my memory serves me correct. What you need to understand is not all components that make up the alloy might not take to the anodizing process which is just basically an electric charge ran through the material while swimming in a bath of dye and acid....

powdercoat is certainly possible. only thing really not possible would be the nose pins unless shaved down, but then guessing the amount to take off to add back during the process is a true guessing game. could be chipped off while re-installing so not worth playing with...the rest you can do and if hinge area is of concern, that can be taped off during to avoid buildup...

keyword being titanium...X Metal is an alloy of 9 metals from what they told us at the Co-Pilot event if my memory serves me correct. What you need to understand is not all components that make up the alloy might not take to the anodizing process which is just basically an electric charge ran through the material while swimming in a bath of dye and acid....

powdercoat is certainly possible. only thing really not possible would be the nose pins unless shaved down, but then guessing the amount to take off to add back during the process is a true guessing game. could be chipped off while re-installing so not worth playing with...the rest you can do and if hinge area is of concern, that can be taped off during to avoid buildup...
ok Dr. powder coat it is..i will talk to guys doing the powder coat and see if they can do it for me..will let you guys know.

hate to see a frame trashed with anodizing when it is prett much not possible. You can do a minute machine though...

I've been powder coating For a decade. I'm half tempted to do our black chrome on my new Juliets it looks more like blue steel

The fork guards and the center brace between top tube and bottom are black chrome

Attachments

• 20130405_052233.jpg
    20130405_052233.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 208

Latest Posts

Back