• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Custom Julie Added To The Case!!!

NCHornet

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Thanksgiving came a little early this year. This frame wasn't supposed to be here until Friday but it was in the mailbox last night. I had this idea awhile back, I thought it would be a great addition to display case. I wanted the orbitals done in a Cerakote black since there is no such thing as black anodize on Titanium. The nose and arms would be done in copper plating. I knew right away which members would be doing the work on this custom. Cerakote was a no brainer, my good friend Mr. Bonz was the man for the job. When it comes to copper plating it's dam near impossible to beat my friend Corey's (RonkPM) quality work. Corey did the all copper Julie in matte copper and the result was awesome. Of course Mr. Bonz is responsible for many of my customs in the case from anodizing, cerakote, he can do it all. Contacted them both and they were up for it. I purchased a nice used Juliet on the Exchange and had it shipped straight to Corey. Corey broke it down and sent the orbitals to Mr. Bonz for the cerakote.Mr. Bonz knocked it out very quick and sent them to Corey for final assembly. Corey is extremely busy with his full time job and family, so remember this when you send him a frame on Tuesday and expect it back by Wednesday, it doesn't work like that. Quality is worth waiting for, and the final results prove this.

I had a couple different lens ideas that might look sharp in this one. One was the Silver (Chrome) mirrored lenses, another is the Oakley BIP, and the Stealth Black lenses from the Revant Elite line. The last one is the IKON lens that I used on the Matte Copper frame and it matched the copper perfectly. If you don't remember that frame you can search back using my username and locate the thread on it. I had a set of each of these lenses ready to go when the frame arrived. As I was going through my BOX O' LENSES, I came across a lens that simply said Bronze Polarized. I must have bought these on the Exchange sometime back,. If you were the seller do me a favor and let me know what they are. I only had time last night to swap in the Bronze lens and the Stealth Black. Pics are below, and I will add pics of the other lenses later this weekend. When you have two of the best customizers on this forum working on a frame it's a given that the results are going to be top shelf craftsmanship, and they sure didn't disappoint. IMG_20181121_193618.png IMG_20181121_193655.png IMG_20181121_193731.jpg IMG_20181122_090837.png IMG_20181122_090829.png IMG_20181122_091003.png IMG_20181122_090806.png IMG_20181122_091017.png I just want to thank both of these members for the work they did to bring my idea to reality and for being good friends along the way. I highly recommend both of them for your custom Oakley's. I never claimed to be a great photographer. God blessed me with good looks and not photo skillz, lol!!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Later
NCHIMG_20181121_193618.png IMG_20181121_193655.png IMG_20181121_193731.jpg IMG_20181122_090837.png IMG_20181122_090829.png IMG_20181122_091003.png IMG_20181122_090806.png IMG_20181122_091017.png

Thanks Y'all, except for the comedian, but it's expected round here, right? Corey, I am curious as well about those Ikon lenses. When I get back to the compound this weekend I hope to have some time to not put the Ikon lenses in them but also the Silver ( Chrome) lenses from Revant as well as the Oakley BIP lenses. I will be sure to take some pics of each and post them in this thread. For the trip to my daughters place I left the Stealth Black Revant lenses in them and liked them more every mile of the trip. I typically only where mirror type lenses where my eyes cannot be seen through them. My friend at Revant sent me a pair of the Stealth Black a couple years ago to see how I liked them. I put those in a factory Carbon Julie and it really looked sharp being all blacked out and the lenses are so dark my eyes can't be seen through them. When it's a Carolina Blue Sky day and I'm heading to the river or the lake this is one of the lenses that I prefer to wear. Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving.
Later
NCH

Thanksgiving came a little early this year. This frame wasn't supposed to be here until Friday but it was in the mailbox last night. I had this idea awhile back, I thought it would be a great addition to display case. I wanted the orbitals done in a Cerakote black since there is no such thing as black anodize on Titanium. The nose and arms would be done in copper plating. I knew right away which members would be doing the work on this custom. Cerakote was a no brainer, my good friend Mr. Bonz was the man for the job. When it comes to copper plating it's dam near impossible to beat my friend Corey's (RonkPM) quality work. Corey did the all copper Julie in matte copper and the result was awesome. Of course Mr. Bonz is responsible for many of my customs in the case from anodizing, cerakote, he can do it all. Contacted them both and they were up for it. I purchased a nice used Juliet on the Exchange and had it shipped straight to Corey. Corey broke it down and sent the orbitals to Mr. Bonz for the cerakote.Mr. Bonz knocked it out very quick and sent them to Corey for final assembly. Corey is extremely busy with his full time job and family, so remember this when you send him a frame on Tuesday and expect it back by Wednesday, it doesn't work like that. Quality is worth waiting for, and the final results prove this.

I had a couple different lens ideas that might look sharp in this one. One was the Silver (Chrome) mirrored lenses, another is the Oakley BIP, and the Stealth Black lenses from the Revant Elite line. The last one is the IKON lens that I used on the Matte Copper frame and it matched the copper perfectly. If you don't remember that frame you can search back using my username and locate the thread on it. I had a set of each of these lenses ready to go when the frame arrived. As I was going through my BOX O' LENSES, I came across a lens that simply said Bronze Polarized. I must have bought these on the Exchange sometime back,. If you were the seller do me a favor and let me know what they are. I only had time last night to swap in the Bronze lens and the Stealth Black. Pics are below, and I will add pics of the other lenses later this weekend. When you have two of the best customizers on this forum working on a frame it's a given that the results are going to be top shelf craftsmanship, and they sure didn't disappoint. View attachment 552679 View attachment 552680 View attachment 552681 View attachment 552682 View attachment 552683 View attachment 552684 View attachment 552686 View attachment 552687 I just want to thank both of these members for the work they did to bring my idea to reality and for being good friends along the way. I highly recommend both of them for your custom Oakley's. I never claimed to be a great photographer. God blessed me with good looks and not photo skillz, lol!!! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Later
NCHView attachment 552679 View attachment 552680 View attachment 552681 View attachment 552682 View attachment 552683 View attachment 552684 View attachment 552686 View attachment 552687

Fresh. I need to custom mine and get a tighten job. Tried to do it myself. Didnt work out

Back