• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Ebay Nightmare

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
I don't know about the US but this recently changed in the UK, electronic confirmation is fine for all amounts now, no signature required.

Not to jack the thread but I used to manage in the chargeback departments for a couple credit card companies for over 10 years. Even if a merchant has signed POD, if a customer claims the signature is not theirs, then they have valid chargeback rights and the merchant/seller almost always loses cases like those. Sad but true.

they usually do not give a reason or at least a specific one. You can add your own feedback under the neg that the douche left. Spell it out there so if anyone reads it they will understand and it wont hurt your sales. Ebay always goes with either a manufacturer that doesnt like thier product sold on ebay or a buyer. I have seen it numerous times. over 8000 feedback and got at least one of those a month and ebay refused to do anything about it. Unfortunately ebay is too useful of a site to just blow them off. Sad:(

You basically cannot refuse to offer refunds anymore, so that is why they will not remove it. They don't like sellers doing it, so they wont back them up when things go south.

You basically cannot refuse to offer refunds anymore, so that is why they will not remove it. They don't like sellers doing it, so they wont back them up when things go south.

I agree but they shoudnt allow it if they punish you for not doing it.

I had a guy not pay, I opened a dispute, he finally paid 2 weeks later and is allowed to leave me negative feedback. Wtf?? eBay will not remove, had 100 percent since 1994, now with one neg it's at 97 percent. F eBay

Ya they are so loyal to sellers, they never even responded to my dispute for the feedback removal.....

No, but it will affect how much Ebay charges you in fees, so its important to me.

Agreed and no disrespect meant but the thread is about BAPD's sale and he isn't a full-on eBay merchant like you.
You're a merchant with a volume that depends on reduced fees, featured seller rating, etc.
BAPD dabbles like most of us here so eBay is not really a revenue stream to us like it is to you.
But the irony of eBay is notable. You would think that they would better cater to the folks that really comprise eBay's revenue stream- sellers. But in actually they are incredibly buyer-centric yet those folks come and go.
As a buyer of something that you are selling I would look at the transaction and I would base an opinion that would favor you. However that sale detail will not be available to me at some point and that's where it will begin to hurt you.
"Hooked on Phonics" was an epic blast, btw!

Back