• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another EBay Trick

Hopefully none of them but probably half of them. That sucks. All they have to do is read the Description anyway

I doubt many will since it is spelled out and of the loaded ebay pics only one shows the frame. Had all the pics been with the frame the number would go up. Its kinda like selling a bikini.... you can set it on the table and take a pic or you can have someone wear it to see what it looks like on.

It doesnt look like a trick. Any time you spend more than 10$ on Ebay, it would be wise to read the description first. If you don't, then "a fool and his money soon part".

The high bidder has to think he's getting the frames. $200 for cut lenses? That have a scratch. Last time Dr Chop cut me some Romeo lenses, I'm pretty sure they were close to $100. Of course, his were authentic but not original. :blink:

I saw a listing last week that looked like it was for some R1s. But it was only for a pair of beat up authentic lenses and a set of new z-lenses. At the end of the long blown out description it said frames not included on space under the rest of the info. Last I looked before it ended the auction was bid up to $475. Someone is gonna be really upset. Read your auction descriptions folks.

It is a bit of a trick. If in a listing for a set of wheels I lead a pic of my NSX the first thing that you will register is that what is in that pic is what is for sale.
Your first thought is that the car is what is for sale not the Advan wheels.
Similar analogy in that the NSX is to the car world what the R1 is to the Oakley world.
I didn't say that I bid on it; I was bright enough to figure it out.
I just thought it a little underhanded to lead with lenses installed in frames.
If you want to include a pic and state: "here is how awesome they look in a frame!", that's different.