• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Excited Newbie

Toy4x

I should Work at Oakley
Man I have enjoyed trolling this site so far. Soo much info in this forum about one of my passions....Oakley.

I came across this forum do to an unfortunate occurance with my Juliets. My 1 yr old ripped them off my head and they of course landed lense down and scratched the lense. My Polarized Fire Iridium lenses are done. Looking online to find a replacement, and well, there are none. Except aftermarket and according to reviews here, they don't hold a candle to the original lenses.

I came across Oakley approx in 1985. My first set was the original Frogskins, clear frame with a blue lenses. I loved at that time Oakley had a lifetime warranty. You could destroy them and they would replace them free of charge. I specifically remember running a set over with my car and Oakley replacing them. Went through 3 sets before moving on to the "new" Eye Jackets. Went through a few sets of those before getting my first A Wire. My current everyday glasses are the Matte Black/ Black Polarized Why 8.1 and WAS my Polished Frame (JB5K) / Fire Polarized Juliet's with Ducati Earsocks and temple shocks.

I'm learning a lot here on this forum, and have seen so much customization that I want to refinish my Juliets now. But, I see a lot of comments that my original JB frame/ blue lense is a hot combo. So I may just get them repolished since they haven't been touched since I bought them in 1999, and reinstall my original blue lense.

looking forward to more learning....
Toy4x

Seems like you have had some awesome pairs in the past, with not so great luck. Hopefully that luck turns around!

Enjoy the forum!

Back