• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Great Day With Another Grailesque Piece

:shock: :shock: WOW!!!!!!! The coveted Text Gascan, which I believe only 50 were made and given to Reps. That is a pair I would love to have!

xmetalmaniac said:
:shock: :shock: WOW!!!!!!! The coveted Text Gascan, which I believe only 50 were made and given to Reps. That is a pair I would love to have!

I have a 2nd pair in the mail as well. I was contacted the same day by 1 person in Canada and 1 in the US regarding these. I have never had the opportunity to buy one since I started collecting and then bought 2 in the same day. Very very strange. Both were sellers that I have dealt with in the past, but I had no idea that either of them had the text gascans. Craziness!

Any idea on value these days? I think I did ok but I'm not sure.

I have a 2nd pair in the mail as well. I was contacted the same day by 1 person in Canada and 1 in the US regarding these. I have never had the opportunity to buy one since I started collecting and then bought 2 in the same day. Very very strange. Both were sellers that I have dealt with in the past, but I had no idea that either of them had the text gascans. Craziness!

Any idea on value these days? I think I did ok but I'm not sure.

I paid £544 for my own pair of Text Gascan in April 2008 when the demand for this item was immense, it was the first glass to showcase the White Text frame and the few that surfaced sold for high $'s with fierce bidding on ebay. Over time the value dropped and I remember seeing a pair sell about three or so years back for just over £100!! I imagine today around £300 would create a sale at a fair price, although it should be taken into account that values can fluctuate for various reasons.

How much did you spend on the STPL stuff?! If you don't mind me asking? Individual prices would be heaps appreciated :) I really want to complete the my STPL too!! And congrats!!

It's hard to put an exact value on them as I paid a price for the whole batch (the seller had . All of the STPL stuff (minus the hat) were doubles, so I'll be trading/selling them at some point. Couldn't believe I was able to find them the 1st time... really shocked I tracked down seconds of them. I have been back and forth with the guy since October, so it definitely took some time and patience.

Nice stuff, but I think this will complete your STPL Design collection, from Reed Space NYC.

nike-dunk-sb-low-pro-pigeon.jpg

Attachments

• nike-dunk-sb-low-pro-pigeon.jpg
    nike-dunk-sb-low-pro-pigeon.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 108
Back