• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another new member!

Lizod

Oakley Beginner
Hi folks!

I'm from England and have been an Oakley wearer for many years, and have inadvertently ended up with a collection.
I don't know why I have not joined this forum before now, but there we go...

My first pair was a black pair of Valves (gen 1 - the originals!) which I managed to lose and then a pair of A Wires in the early 2000's I guess. I have a bit of a thing for the old wire models and have got a few, I also am trying to collect all the original Valve colourways but over the years I have picked up various other models, I mainly go for the 90's and 00's stuff pre-Luxottica as that's the true Oakley innovative design era!

Anyway, hello!

Hi :welcome:
Very cool Intro.
Post some Pictures please.
You will feel like home if you find out how many Members are from England.
I am with you on the wires as well as pre.-Lux.

Welcome from one of the many UK members.

You will soon find that most (if not every) member here prefers the pre-Lux Oakley - they certainly hit the sweet spot!

Having said that, Lux do occasionally bring out a pair that gets people excited....

Thanks! Yeah for sure, I didn't think I was unusual in that! :)

I have a pair of Mad Mans which hark back to the more unique aesthetic, and have a pair of Latch which I also quite like - they are conservative but also somehow original. So I guess they do sometimes keep up the Oakley spirit still.

Hi :welcome:
Very cool Intro.
Post some Pictures please.
You will feel like home if you find out how many Members are from England.
I am with you on the wires as well as pre.-Lux.

Hello!
Here are my A Wires:

The red and gold lenses are aftermarket replacements on the duplicate black and platinum frames, the rest are all original. The black pair at the top right are my smashed up pair that only get used at the Glastonbury festival these days! :)

Back