• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Oakley Tune up.......

gulfstream

I should Work at Oakley
England
Ok. After hearing first hand from a friend lately about recent issues with Oakley tunes, it was with trepidation I sent in a pair of JB's for a full tune and new screws. There appears to been a ham fisted attempt at a tune, left side tight, right side not tight, slanted with scratching around the orbs. Oh, and no screws replaced on the arms (I asked for all screws to be changed (on a note with glasses) and even followed this up with a phone call.

image_26.jpg

image_27.jpg

image_28.jpg

image_29.jpg

And a comparison shot:

image_30.jpg

Because I'm not stateside. Why cant they get things right there ? is more the WHY I'm looking for. I will be calling them tomorrow for an explanation and to get this sorted out. Or a refund.

It's also posted here as an additional Red Flag for Oakley tunes now.

Count yourself fortunate you got them back at all... Chalk this one up to experience. Oakley no longer cares at all about their old product. Last 2 times I was in a vault I wore a Mars Crater and a Polished Julie respectively. Nobody said a damn word because nobody knew what they even were. At the end of the day I guess I don't really care, as long as I can get replacement parts for my metals and we have people like X-Man to tune them up... Sorry for you guys in the UK; X-Man needs a European division!

As for the screws if they were sent to HQ in the US I was up there a couple weeks ago and they said they were out of pretty much all screws and earstem washers as well.

I will say this if the right orbital is the side that is still loose. It's the frame period. I have had several pairs new with that side not as tight. The other thing is wear and tear from head removal. Yeah they may have done a shotty job but the tightness may be just that. Even a XX that I have is like this. I think it had to do with the machining process on the holes. So much as a millimeter off and that's what you get.

Next time make friends with someone that will help you out with shipping to x man.

On the side of other parts. Give them done sit about the price and not having gotten a full tuneup, could get some money back.

There are plenty of sources to buy oem new or aftermarket parts as well.

XMan did show the difference once between earlier and later orbital tabs. Those later ones are much shorter and rounder. The above post sounds spot on.

My early set of polished frames have always been tighter than the pair I got many years later. Due to the tabs on the orbitals I assume as well.

Back