• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Possbile Scam Story On The Forum

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

So earlier people might remember this guy, Cknyc, we had a deal which was this. http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x...rade-ducati-juliets-carbon-frame-juliets.html

The day he recieved my shades, he got into an "accident" and in the days to come he posted pictures, whether recent or years ago, no one knows. So heres the story and i know this is going to get mix feelings, but whatever since we are on the topic on scams, so here it goes. I have been asking him how he was about 3 month ago? And i wont get a reply from him, the funny thing was that he would change his Display picture. I am sorry for being sensitive for what but i would think it would be more work to change your display picture than replying a one liner "I'm Fine" For those who are new to the forum, just search his username and you will be able to find out what happen to him. So back to my story, he would not reply me for months and weeks and it has come to a point of time where i have realised that i might have been scammed. For those who think that i am a douche for calling an injured man out, see it for my point. Does replying me with a simple " i am fine thank you" harder than changing your DP? And ignoring my messages for months?? NO.

oh well this is more a of rant thread as there is no way i can get paypal since it was a trade. but just want to get it off my chest. If he really is injured, i sincerely wish him all the best and heal up fast, if he is not, i am sure he will get what he deserved sooner or later.

Some people reacted to this post.
so since DEcember you haven't received your R1? oh man.

Username Hidden said:
so since DEcember you haven't received your R1? oh man.

not only that, not even a pair of juliets. Everytime i send him a message non oakley related, just a general how are you message. I get a messed up reply saying i didnt forget about you, i have no money.. blah blah blah. like dude i am not asking anything from you. Just how you are. I havent asked about oakleys in months.

Wow, that's completely a burn. 7 months is a little much to ask in my opinion. That guy hasn't logged on here since March. Hate to say it sunpoh, but in light of the recent scams going on, it appears you have joined the ranks. I understand the dude got hurt, but come one, get somebody to help out and send the package. As far as i'm concerned, it looks like he made out like a bandit.

I read most of the comments from the post he make with the pics of his arm that sucks for him. but I dont think that this is a scam like the other two are. he had a terrible injury and the glasses where lost in the process. I am sorry to sunpoh because it looks like the R1 are gone for good.

Uggggggggggh, that sucks man. Sorry to hear that :(

Username Hidden said:
I read most of the comments from the post he make with the pics of his arm that sucks for him. but I dont think that this is a scam like the other two are. he had a terrible injury and the glasses where lost in the process. I am sorry to sunpoh because it looks like the R1 are gone for good.

I understand your point. I already realize that he might have lost it or whatever. I am more pissed that he do not reply on purpose etc. not so the glasses anymore. Don't get me wrong. It his actions that make me think this is a scam. his arrogant replies when I send him messages.

Well. Hmm in my opinion if you hounded them like he says I would probably have stopped all communication all together also and waited till I recovered and could either replace your juliets or get you a pair of romeos. Maybe everything will turn out ok. You accused me of cheating you in our pm when I could not ship the ih juliets right away, but I sent them quite quick and included extra coin. i think sometimes we need to accept things for how they are and accept loss. This was a horrific accident and he almost lost his arm. It takes a long time to recover from something like that. I crushed 2 vertebrae while I was in the army and was in physical therapy for a year. I could barley move and if I had made a trade right before the accident, fulfilling it would be the last thing on my mind. Sometimes people just need to show some compassion.

wow, this sucks man. I never done a trade in the forum (not because i didnt want to, but it just never came up) The one person i almost did one with is a trusted member. For future reference to you, make sure in your deal whoever has the lowest feedback ships first or something like that (unless of course you knw is a well known member here)

to Tarheel7734:
If his injuries were true (im not saying theyre not, just never read the thread) he couldve said, hey im injured i cant ship your item out for 6 months while im in recovery. But if he goes and changes profile pictures or logs in, but ignores his messages, thats kinda fishy so i can understand what hes trying to say.

im sorry sunpoh but if is been 7 months, im afraid theyre gone. unless a miracle happens. Stay positive man, and becareful in the future deals

is he dead? thats too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back