• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found "Another Round" of X-Metals... all 8 Models

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

I'm really happy with my growing collection of X-Metals. My first pair was a Titanium Penny, many, many years ago. For some reason, I've managed to collect 2 of each X-Metal model. I appreciate each model for what it is and isn't. So I would like to start collecting a 3rd round of all 8 X-Metals. I'm open to different frame/lens color combos, and like glasses in mint condition, but would consider pairs that need work (at the right price - lenses, tune-ups, refinishing, and rubber are all expensive).

I will keep track of what I'm shopping for here. Please feel free to message me here on OF, or email mflacche@gmail.com. Also, don't email me asking for Zelle or PayPal friends and family, or I will tell you to f@#* off (haha... half-joking).

This means "Still Looking For"
This means "Found"

R1 (would prefer plasma or nice custom like clear-coated copper by Zach)
Mars or Mars Crater (would consider OEM or nice custom, would like lenses other than Black Iridium)
R2 (would prefer plasma or polished)
Penny (would prefer something other than titanium or polished)

XX (would prefer something other than XM or polished)
XS (pending purchase... hopefully it arrives safely and ready to rock!)
Juliet (pending purchase... hopefully it arrives safely and ready to rock!)

Half-X (would prefer something other than XM or polished)

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.

An r2 for your consideration

Thanks for the lead! They sold fast! I have R2 in Carbon. For R2, I would like polished or plasma, as I already have XM and Carbon.

I updated my initial post, so sellers know a little more about what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Hey Matt,

QQ: When you say "open to different frame/lens color combos" do you mean different OEM colours or are you open to customs too?

I am open to nicely-done customs, as long as I like what was done, and know who did the work.

just posted my customized R1 just in case it’s to your liking

Username Hidden said:
just posted my customized R1 just in case it’s to your liking
I saw that; thanks for the heads-up.

Things are moving along in the hunt for X-Metals, with a few bumps along the way. Some new pairs in the middle of shipping, and some already on their way to be serviced and fit for lenses. At this point, I am only looking for:

Penny (prefer XM, TiO2, or Copper finish)
R2 (prefer Polished or Plasma)
Half-X (prefer Plasma)

I found all 8 X-Metals. The Crater and XX are ready to go. The R1 is getting new lenses and rubber. The Half-X is getting a lens change. The rest are getting more extensive work. I will post pics in my collection thread as I make progress. Thank you to everyone who helped me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.