• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Score! Ruby X Squared!

Eugh, that is some horrendous packaging man. I'm convinced it's made my monitor smell just having it on screen.

And very strange that he listed them as new!

Unless he thought they were a Fiber One Limited Edition and that was the original retail box. :laugh:

nice x squared! and a pretty good price for that model too....
like those ruby versions!

Eugh, that is some horrendous packaging man. I'm convinced it's made my monitor smell just having it on screen.

And very strange that he listed them as new!

Unless he thought they were a Fiber One Limited Edition and that was the original retail box. :laugh:

Now thats funny!!!! Actually there was no adverse smell at all. I was surprised at that too......

that packaging is shameful but don't be put off ebay buying! some of us spend a lot of money and time on packaging, i double box everything, use brand new bubbles on everything, yeah i recycle the odd box but when possible i use genuine oakley shipping outer boxes, i buy and use watertight shipping bags around everthing i send, i wrap glasses arms individually, then the lenses, then the frames, then the whole lot, and i also photograph every stage during packing to ensure both my and the buyers safety. i test my packages by bouncing them, i ensure they have no void areas and can literally bounce them off the floor like a soccer ball with no damage. maybe i should write a guide and send it to your seller...... lol

that packaging is shameful but don't be put off ebay buying! some of us spend a lot of money and time on packaging, i double box everything, use brand new bubbles on everything, yeah i recycle the odd box but when possible i use genuine oakley shipping outer boxes, i buy and use watertight shipping bags around everthing i send, i wrap glasses arms individually, then the lenses, then the frames, then the whole lot, and i also photograph every stage during packing to ensure both my and the buyers safety. i test my packages by bouncing them, i ensure they have no void areas and can literally bounce them off the floor like a SOCCER BALL with no damage. maybe i should write a guide and send it to your seller...... lol

Soccer Ball Jim? You mean FOOTBALL surly LOL

disgraceful. when i sell oakleys at my store i ALWAYS give the boxes even for a pair of fives. all my collection fully boxed, even got Luxottica Packaging on my pitbosses!!

I was totally taken back by this..... I could not believe this guy actually did this. Then when I messaged him about it, he basically told me the glasses were new and he should have sold them locally. I guess so he wouldn't be called out on filthy packaging. He got negative feedback... He earned it....

Yup........ I am considering that frame mod I was talking about a few weeks ago everytime I look at them.....But for some reason I can't bring myself to do it just yet.

The 'Customize Your Oakley DIY' thread is waiting for this... :laugh:

Did you soak the glasses in bleach? or use plain ol' vinegar LOL. I would be pissed if someone pulled that on **** on me. I bought all the products that I need from Uline to ship stuff out. The guy could have bought a 4x6x6 and shipped parcel with delivery confirmation instead of priority mail. As "cheap" as he was he could have saved money on shipping.

Back