• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Surprise R1 Jordan?

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

I just got a pair of x-metal/black R1s in the post,they were bought with no ear socks to give them away.When I looked at them closely they have a 4 digit serial(6991).I am assuming these are Jordans,the only doubt I have is that I seem to remember reading somewhere that they made only 5000 pairs, so whats with the serial of 6991.Can anyone shed any light on this.

4 digit serial is the initial run romeos, which mostly came with red socks and were dubbed 'Jordans" since he was shown wearing that configuration in the advertising (and famously with the 0023 serial). this shows the 'jordans' or initial runs actually ran higher than 5000, which was never confirmed but rumoured since noone had one higher than that at the time. this shows there may have been as much as 7000, or more likely, 9999 pairs.

then they restarted the serial in 6 digit when they realised the scale of production was more than anticipated...

What you say makes a lot of sense.
I initially quoted the serial as 6991 because thats what it looked like to my fuzzy eyesight,however i took a photo on marco this morning and it looks like 6 with a break in body (very similar to the 9,s next to it) or is it a 5 or even a 3 with the top stroke missing?

Any opinions.
DSC00678_zps5af1d55b.jpg

4 digit serial is the initial run romeos, which mostly came with red socks and were dubbed 'Jordans" since he was shown wearing that configuration in the advertising (and famously with the 0023 serial). this shows the 'jordans' or initial runs actually ran higher than 5000, which was never confirmed but rumoured since noone had one higher than that at the time. this shows there may have been as much as 7000, or more likely, 9999 pairs.

then they restarted the serial in 6 digit when they realised the scale of production was more than anticipated...

Latest Posts

Back