• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another unearthed\rust juliet

That picture in the back ground of the Joker is frickin awesome! If that winds up on the exchange I am on it! Lol

Not gonna happen lol. That was a birthday present from my girlfriend. I love the joker, especially the Heath Ledger incarnation

Not gonna happen lol. That was a birthday present from my girlfriend. I love the joker, especially the Heath Ledger incarnation
By far the best version!!!! Looks hand drawn, you have a very talented girlfriend! Congrats on a great pair of shades and an awesome pic!

I don't know; initially I didn't get the whole rust / fallout appeal. But now that I've seen a few custom rust Juliets, I do have to say they look pretty awesome.

A practical question - wouldn't a tuneup damage the rust finish on the pins? Can it be redone seamlessly?

I don't know; initially I didn't get the whole rust / fallout appeal. But now that I've seen a few custom rust Juliets, I do have to say they look pretty awesome.

A practical question - wouldn't a tuneup damage the rust finish on the pins? Can it be redone seamlessly?

it can be redone with absolutely no issues

Unreal job. I think the Juliets look great in rust. There's just something about that weathered look. It's funny but this website that refinishes putters has some great finishes that I'd love to apply to certain metal Oakleys. Not sure if they would take or not (or if they'd rub off on our face!), but they have finishes called "whiskey" and "fuel" which attach to carbon steel. Check it out!

Custom Putter Finishes & Restoration | Putter Lounge

Unreal job. I think the Juliets look great in rust. There's just something about that weathered look. It's funny but this website that refinishes putters has some great finishes that I'd love to apply to certain metal Oakleys. Not sure if they would take or not (or if they'd rub off on our face!), but they have finishes called "whiskey" and "fuel" which attach to carbon steel.

If you like that fuel finish, check out the results of taking a blowtorch to a pair of polished Juliets: Burned Juliets | Page 9 | Oakley Forum

Oh wow that is absolutely beautiful! I'll have to get two pairs and have someone who I trust with a blowtorch (certainly not myself!) have a go on the frames! That finish reminds me of another famous putter finish called "Black Pearl." It was only offered on extremely rare and expensive Scotty Camerons, and then, no more. It turns out that the company that did them is called West Coast PVD and they're pretty cool guys! I think they might take some frames if we sent them in. As you can see, they do a lot of high end house fixtures. Check 'em out!

Custom Decorative and Functional PVD Coatings and Finishings

Latest Posts

Back