• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Week, Another X-Metal Record???

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member

Help me to understand what has pushed these Juliet 24K's over $1.1K?

Is it the original receipt or is it the serial #055?

It's not because of International appeal because the seller ships to the US only.

So why has this one cracked the 1K barrier?

How does ebay bid history work? It looks like the same person bid multiple times in a row. Am i correct in saying that?

If someone put lets say a $500 max bid and they are high bidder at $100. Another bidder at $125 bumps the first bidder's bid to $126 etc all the way until the max bid.

You don't see the bids that raised the pre-set max bid to the level below the max bid unless you uncheck the "Show Automatic Bids" radio button.

That's the only reason I can think of...
Besides, U guys call this crazy?! The official retail price of a 24k JULIET in Shanghai. China is $850 USD! That's what I call CRAZY!!!

Crazy is not buying as many as you could at $850 and selling as many as you could at $1257.

And why those? Low serial maybe?

And that is my question- why THAT pair? Serial or original receipt?

eBay kills me sometimes. Tonight I was looking at a pair of x squared in an auction the one I was watching went for 250ish plus 11 in shipping I then found the same pair for 249 buy now and free shipping I just don't get people sometimes

eBay kills me sometimes. Tonight I was looking at a pair of x squared in an auction the one I was watching went for 250ish plus 11 in shipping I then found the same pair for 249 buy now and free shipping I just don't get people sometimes

I honestly think some people get emotionally attached to a particular item and get hung up on it. Aside from being #55 (Junior Seau's #, maybe that influenced bidding at this time) and having the original receipt, why wouldn't one of the bidders bow out and buy one of the other pairs that could be had for less? It has to be the serial and the receipt.