• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Antix & Hijinx "similarities"

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Hi Modders,

Someone else started a thread about swapping Antix and Hijinx icons around, which is something I have done with a couple of my Hijinx (in the GoldJinx and ChromeJinx mods a while ago), and that reminded me of a cool thought I had recently, that I might look more into in the new year, but it is dependent on whether the ear-stems from the Antix are the same as the ear-stem on a Hijinx. (They are similar designs but are they THE SAME?).

The 'cool thought' is to make a Devil's Brigade Hijinx, by simply swapping the arms of a DB Antix onto a Polished Black Hijinx frame. The DB design doesn't really cross much past the ear-stem onto the main frame, so it might look pretty good.

Also, in order to do this, does anyone know how to remove the ear-stems from Antix and Hijinx safely?

Any thoughts / info greatly appreciated.

Thanks chaps.

think both are the same but will check that for you later tonight . . .
was thinking about to make a WITK antix :cool:

This thread made me all tingly and happy inside with the endless possibilities of crazy combinations...Devil's Brigade Hijinx, WITK Antix...Stephen Murray Antix...*Drooooool* Ernesto Fonseca Hijinx for Mr.H

This thread made me all tingly and happy inside with the endless possibilities of crazy combinations...Devil's Brigade Hijinx, WITK Antix...Stephen Murray Antix...*Drooooool* Ernesto Fonseca Hijinx for Mr.H

I'd thought of that - but the Fonseca artwork goes right over to the front of the frame, so would stop short at the hinge on a black Hijinx and might look odd.
The DB would work tho, in my view.

ack that's right, it does, shame!
I can't wait to see the DB Hijinx. i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread in the coming year. :D I'd buy one lol. Slap a pair of black ridium polarized...yummy.

I need to know whether the ear-stems are interchangeable between the Hijinx and Antix - and also how to change them over.
I've never taken the ear-stem off a Hijinx before, and I assume that there is a technique for safely doing so.

I'm sure Batwolf will know, cos he has painted at least one up before . . . .

Back