• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any bourbon lovers here?

You're just not drinking it right... ;)

Bourbon is primarily made from corn, legally must be at least 51%. Scotch and most other non-US whiskys / whiskeys are primarily made from barley. There is a taste difference...

and must be aged in new barrels that the wood has dried a min of 9 months over at least one summer and some other random tidbits.

Single Malt or blend? I prefer the Single Malt

I prefer single malts but my budget has me on blends as a daily drink. I bust out the single malts for special occasions.

Regarding bourbon, my home bar is primarily a collection of Scotches and other non-US whisky/eys but I have at least one example of the various types (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, tequila) for variety and hosting purposes. The bourbon I have is Jim Beam. Not out of a taste preference but because it's cheap. I think the last one I tried that was pretty decent was Gentleman Jack.

(BTW Jack Daniels denies a bourbon classification because it believes its charcoal filtering process differs it from bourbons, but technically and legally it still meets the requirements of a bourbon...)

I prefer single malts but my budget has me on blends as a daily drink. I bust out the single malts for special occasions.

Regarding bourbon, my home bar is primarily a collection of Scotches and other non-US whisky/eys but I have at least one example of the various types (vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, tequila) for variety and hosting purposes. The bourbon I have is Jim Beam. Not out of a taste preference but because it's cheap. I think the last one I tried that was pretty decent was Gentleman Jack.

(BTW Jack Daniels denies a bourbon classification because it believes its charcoal filtering process differs it from bourbons, but technically and legally it still meets the requirements of a bourbon...)

For the cost Jim Beam is not bad

First, I drink my bourbon neat. So I get nothing but bourbon.
Blanton's is probably my favorite.
I've been drinking and liking Jefferson's Reserve lately... not too sweet, quite smooth.
The last bottle of bourbon I bought however was Bulleit. I do not suggest it. It has a decent flavor, but super harsh. I mean the kind of burn the hurts all the way down and keeps burning.
I was over at a friends a couple of weeks ago and got to drink Jack Daniels Sinatra Select. Dude that ****e was PHENOMENAL! We killed half the bottle in a hour without even realizing it.

First, I drink my bourbon neat. So I get nothing but bourbon.
Blanton's is probably my favorite.
I've been drinking and liking Jefferson's Reserve lately... not too sweet, quite smooth.
The last bottle of bourbon I bought however was Bulleit. I do not suggest it. It has a decent flavor, but super harsh. I mean the kind of burn the hurts all the way down and keeps burning.
I was over at a friends a couple of weeks ago and got to drink Jack Daniels Sinatra Select. Dude that ****e was PHENOMENAL! We killed half the bottle in a hour without even realizing it.
i prefer bullet rye over their bourbon

Back