• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Difference Between These Oakley Mars?

sunglassfiend

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
I just started getting into X-Metals and I really love the more wild pairs; Medusa's, OTT's, Mars etc, unfortunately for my wallet! ;)

Right now the hardest part I have, is knowing whats real and whats fake, I've been looking on ebay at Mars, and came across 2 auctions. Both are for Mars, one currently has 10 bids and is $600, the other has 0 bids and is $600. Because the one had 0 bids, I assumed it must be fake, but I can't find the difference between the two.

Can anyone tell me if it is fake, and if it is, how they know?!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARS-Michae...61323466?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item3a805788ca

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Michea...886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3ae3cee

Both look real to me. Biggest difference I see is the condition. The pair with bids looks to be in excellent condition while the pair without any bids looks rough. Notice how the leather is all nappy and rugged on the pair without bids. That was common for the leather to deteriorate when they were used. The condition, especially on a more desired pair among collectors such as the leather mars, will make a big difference in the value of the item.

I agree with nalong. But if your gonna invest in one get one with decent to new leather on it.... Replacing the leather will decrease the value

I agree with nalong. But if your gonna invest in one get one with decent to new leather on it.... Replacing the leather will decrease the value

Agreed. If you want a show piece, buy it that way.

If you want one to wear, buy a crater and wrap it to save some coin

Agreed. If you want a show piece, buy it that way.

If you want one to wear, buy a crater and wrap it to save some coin

Q is it a good idea if you might want to sell a custom wrapping set with all its components, so we can do the fun and do it ourselves? Will this be cost effective than buying the whole range of thread and cloth altogether? just a thought.

Q is it a good idea if you might want to sell a custom wrapping set with all its components, so we can do the fun and do it ourselves? Will this be cost effective than buying the whole range of thread and cloth altogether? just a thought.

It's not really so simple as to be sold as a kit tho. Not everything fits perfect everyone and its not as straight foreward as placing a few stitches.

ok i understand, im a fan of mars but the effort and time you spend on them doing your custom i cannot replicate...i might need a big push...not at the moment...

Back