• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any fix for the Badman hinges?

What exactly falls under "factory store?" There's an Oakley Vault near me. I'm in the Phoenix AZ area if that helps

I would say if you were close to an actual Oakley Store, then perhaps they could provide a solution in store or get the parts needed. A Vault store I am unsure of their capabilities.

I live in SoCal and two of their stores here have onsite optician. My girl works at one of them and they were the ones who got me the multiple Badman nose pieces. If you can't find an acceptable solution, you could drive to Scottsdale where they have an optician onsite as well.

Oakley Store in 7014 E Camelback Rd Scottsdale, Arizona | Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel

I would say if you were close to an actual Oakley Store, then perhaps they could provide a solution in store or get the parts needed. A Vault store I am unsure of their capabilities.

I live in SoCal and two of their stores here have onsite optician. My girl works at one of them and they were the ones who got me the multiple Badman nose pieces. If you can't find an acceptable solution, you could drive to Scottsdale where they have an optician onsite as well.

Oakley Store in 7014 E Camelback Rd Scottsdale, Arizona | Men's & Women's Sunglasses, Goggles, & Apparel

Ok, thanks. The vault store just offered me 25% off a new pair, so I'll try Scottsdale.

I don't think I am allowed to send a PM yet, so I wasn't able to contact Eric cash. But if you are interested in selling one of your extras let me know, I'll get you my email and would be happy to work something out

Ok, thanks. The vault store just offered me 25% off a new pair, so I'll try Scottsdale.

I don't think I am allowed to send a PM yet, so I wasn't able to contact Eric cash. But if you are interested in selling one of your extras let me know, I'll get you my email and would be happy to work something out
Hello i think you need 15 post before you can exchange email and things , i came down to this forum for the exact same reason as you , i needed part to fix my badman and yep ill sell you the part

Hello i think you need 15 post before you can exchange email and things , i came down to this forum for the exact same reason as you , i needed part to fix my badman and yep ill sell you the part
Great, thanks a lot! I'll check the forum out and make some posts

So crazy update here, I put in a claim with luxotica to see what they would charge to fix the glasses. I just got an email saying they are covered under warranty! Shocking, considering I will have had them for 3 years next month. I didn't expect that, I don't know if they just didn't read the date of purchase right or if they just chose to cover them due to the known issues, but I will be sending them in to see what happens. Hopefully they don't catch their error and try to charge me!

I've got the same exact issue with my Badman sapphire/plasma glasses. Went swimming in Florida last month and the hinges went from being like brand new to floppy and worn out feeling. Oakley warranty had no solutions for me other than offering a discount. I've been looking and I found a video on YouTube for a place called FrameFixers.com. They actually rebuilt the hinges better than original. It's a bit pricey, but I think I'm gonna do it. Better than practically giving these glasses back to Oakley for a minimal discount. The number for them is 866-372-6339. I was quoted $149 per side, or $245 for both. You should get on YouTube and watch the video. I found it by typing in Oakley Badman hinges.

Back