• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Formula 1 Fans?

Hell of a season.

I was pulling for Max but not at the expense of Lewis being able to compete.
Masi/FIA put a stain on this a bit, but I was in the camp that through Lewis got off too easy at Silverstone as well.

Neither driver really let themselves down this whole season. They both fought through their own BS, Max used more desperation and I think rightfully so because we're talking being a world champion at least once in your life. So I'm happy for Max. It's insanely rare to be in this position, period. Anyone on Earth who'd say they'd do this differently in his shoes is absolutely lying. They wouldn't even know or be capable to get in this position, and hold onto it — especially with the share of setbacks he faced.

And at the same time, this arguably makes light of how great Lewis is, and all the pieces needed to just compete with him, and at his age. Strong argument he's the GOAT F1 driver when his career is over.
Lewis walks away from this season knowing that as a driver he's not on a decline, and still the best driver on the grid.

Hell of a season.

I was pulling for Max but not at the expense of Lewis being able to compete.
Masi/FIA put a stain on this a bit, but I was in the camp that through Lewis got off too easy at Silverstone as well.

Neither driver really let themselves down this whole season. They both fought through their own BS, Max used more desperation and I think rightfully so because we're talking being a world champion at least once in your life. So I'm happy for Max. It's insanely rare to be in this position, period. Anyone on Earth who'd say they'd do this differently in his shoes is absolutely lying. They wouldn't even know or be capable to get in this position, and hold onto it — especially with the share of setbacks he faced.

And at the same time, this arguably makes light of how great Lewis is, and all the pieces needed to just compete with him, and at his age. Strong argument he's the GOAT F1 driver when his career is over.
Lewis walks away from this season knowing that as a driver he's not on a decline, and still the best driver on the grid.
An elegant way to put it. I am not unhappy that Max won the championship. The only real qualm I have is that the FIA intervened in a race that they specifically said that they would not intervene in.

I do think that both teams can come off with a victory today though. While I think it is right for Mercedes to protest, after some thought - I am not sure if they should. At the end of the day, it just makes them look bad. Instead, they can get Lewis the championship in 2022 with the new regulations. They will have a major advantage compared to the other constructors.

Max has had a championship coming for him for a long time. While controversial, the results should probably stand. If they don't, then I think F1 goes down an even darker path.

That being said, I am still no longer paying for F1 subscriptions until FIA gets their act together.

Back