• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Idea What The Unobtainium Stuff Is?

Also, I feel like it's kinda overrated. My flak jackets aren't all that grippy, and are pretty slippery when wet, especially after I get sweat and oils on it.
Take it off (pull the rubber off the frame) and then see how well they work.

Clean rubber will grip better than dirty.

And it might be the Flak Jacket is too wide for you and doesn't have the appropriate stem tension to grip with.

Recycled used condoms melted at 3000 degree kelvin and then quickly frozen at a temperature below 300 degree centigrade to produce UNOBTAINIUM...

Take it off (pull the rubber off the frame) and then see how well they work.

Clean rubber will grip better than dirty.

And it might be the Flak Jacket is too wide for you and doesn't have the appropriate stem tension to grip with.

I think my flak jackets have too much tension - they're too narrow and force the glasses too far away from my face. Maybe I should get the asian fit because they're too narrow. And because I happen to be asian haha.

But yeah, I clean them, and they grip for a little bit, but then get oily and slippery again.

3806.unobtainium.jpg-610x0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that they just get oily by themselves now. I clean them pretty regularly. I kinda wished they made it so they wouldn't get sweat underneath the rubber. It's pretty disgusting after a few bike rides. I have to take off the sleeves and wash underneath everything. yuck.

I think I might just buy replacement sleeves and see how that works out. And maybe try on the fast jacket.

What do you expect? A self cleaning sweat system? The unobtanium is about as good as it will get.

I'd recommend cleaning them after every ride or once a week with warm water and hand soap. Otherwise if that doesn't help you probably need new rubber.

I just wished they would design them so they wouldn't have as many crevices where sweat could seep into.

A Jimmy Neutron style sweat cleaning system does sound like a good idea though - if it were actually possible haha

Latest Posts

Back