• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Ideas On Quad Style Stand?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
Ok I have a few of the quad xmetal stands. They have the small nubs on them. At first I thought they would be great but quickly realized they are a PITA. I don't like to fold stems over because they make contact with the sides of the stand and can cause damage and you really can't extend the stems because they hang funny. Someone told me they are really meant for lens display. So I assume that would either be with a orbital frame to hold them or a one piece lens. So that got me thinking. What can I use to link the 2 lenses (say Juliet's) to each to simulate a frame ib other words allow them to sit on the nubs? I thought a simple way archaic way would be to cut out car boad strips and either wrap them with foil or paint them the either cut small slits in them to hold lenses or maybe even pieces of wood shaped like a frame with rubber nubs on bottom of wood to allow lenses to sit in them.

Any suggestions?
Anyone make something?

You can use a small angle bracket and screw it in back to support arms. Or bend it down. I dod both of these on mine

Yes I did that to but it was a little tight on top pair on standard shelves. I really want to use them for displaying lenses. Don't really need them for glasses as I switched mainly to the 3 tier plastic ones. May just so away with them in favor or a few more plastic ones

pu2ysyge.jpg

Latest Posts

Back